Need help...voice recognition for basic stamp?

Hello,
well i am working on another biped robot now & i’m looking for help here on a voice recognition for basic stamp? does anyone know where i can get a plug & play board that i can connect to a basic stamp board? or the parts i will need to build a board my self & where i can get what i need to do this? if anyway can give me some help here that would be great.
this is my 3rd biped robot i am build & i want to add even more function to this one. i just got the roboeye vision system, the emic voice board,atom bot board,ssc-32 servo control,basic atom pro 28 pin module,ir proximity detector sensor,on-board battery checker,serial lcd module & 32 high torque servos. i want to add a voice recognition to the robot so it can follow voice commands. the robot stands just under 3 feet tall.i made the shell of the bot out of fiberglass in a form of a female being alot of the bots out there look more like male bots.also to help the person the bot is around to feel abit more comfortable.
if anyone can point me in the direction to get the voice recognition system this would be a big help. once i get the bot done i will post some pix of it.

i am designing the robot help help people in assisted living, to pick up phone & hand it to the person, get them a drink, pick up things they may drop & get the mail. just the basic stuff right now that may be hard for some people that has a disability & may not be able to do it for them self. this is what i have planed for the robot. it’s name is ( a.l.i.a.) assisted . living . intelligent . android .

thanks to all for any help i can get.
Charlie

This sounds very much like what I was wanting to do (~3 foot tall BiPed), which servos did you end up going with? I’m very interested in following this project.

The RS-4128 from Sensory is quite flexible and works prety well. Head to the toy store and have a knock-knock joke session with Shrek and Donkey and you’ll get an idea of it’s capability in speaker indepentent recognition mode. They have a “stamp” type module now sensoryinc.com/html/products/vrstamp.html that might be worthwhile to check out. Last time I used the RS-4128 IC the development environment and compiler used a sort of bastardized C language but it was not difficult to work with. Digikey was selling their stuff at one point so they might have eval kits and stamps available.

hello,
ok here is a run down on what i am using on my biped robot.

1. lynxmotion - mini atom bot board
  2. lynxmotion - ssc-32 servo contoller
  3. lynxmotion - basic atom pro 28 pin
  4. lynxmotion - IR Proximity Detector Sensor (lower body sensor)
  5. lynxmotion - on-board battery checker (show level of battery power)
  6. lynxmotion - serial lcd module (report errors or function it’s performing)
  7. parallax - Emic Text-to-Speech SIP Module (Female)
  8. parallax - roboeye vision system( for tracting & color detection & object detection)
  9. servohut - gws pg-03 piezo gyros( to keep balance of robot)
  10. servohut - gws brute force servos (6each legs, 3 waist & 2 shoulders)
  11. servohut - gws high torque servos ( 6 each arms & 1 each wrist )
  12. servohut - gws mini servos(3 neck & 4 each hand that has 3 fingers & thumb)32 servos connect to the ssc 32 board & 9 will connect to the bot board.(total of 41 servos.)
    want to add a voice recogition to the robot for voice commands not sure where to get this item, but i am researching it.
    body,head,arms,legs shells - made out of fiberglass. light weight easy to use.
    aluminum- frame of robot, servo brackets & foot plates ( had to make my own lynxmotion brackets are to small for gws servos.)
    last but least- the programming of the robot. i am using vb6 & parallax software. i might have left out a few things i’m just not thinking of right now. but for the most part that is it.

this is what is being used in the robot as of now. i might have to change a few things to improve it but i will cross that road when i come to it.
i will see about posting pix of the bot once i get the chance.

thanks
charlie

hi eddieb.
thank you for the info. i have looked into that already, i am waiting for a reply from them to insure it’s going to work with what i have so far. if so i will post the information here for others to use, if they would like to add this function to there robots.

again thank you for the information.
charlie

it sounds like a lot of your mechanicals are custom fabricated. this will very interesting to see when you have a chance to post. :slight_smile:

i will post it a.s.a.i.c (as soon as i can) you can check out my last biped bot i done by going to parallax discussion forums & click the search tab & type in my user name there.“robonetics” you will see a topic label "update:my bipedal robot." there you will see pix of the last bot i done. the one i’m working on now is much better looking & bigger plus alot more functions.

thankz,
charlie

Eddie has a good option, the VR stamp. I was going to try something with this one day. :laughing:

where did u get the onboard battery checker? i’ve been looking for something like that for ages now and haven’t found anything.

The correct link is sensoryinc.com/products/vr_stamp.html

Digi-Key still stocks the VR Stamp for $39.95. I need to get one of these for W.A.L.T.E.R. :slight_smile:

8-Dale

Link has apparently changed since I made the post. thanks for the update.