Need help: Phoenix like hexapod body dimensions

Hey guys,

I bought a hexapod robot kit from AliExpress like this one and have used KurkE’s Phoenix coded ported for Arduino along with servo driver I have written for the Pololu Maestro servo controler.

I have basically everything working but am struggling with the hexapod joint dimensions for the IK calculations. I can tell that something is wrong because when I adjust the body position up and down the legs fan out, which tells me that there is something wrong with my link lengths.
I have been hunting for a diagram or something that explains what all the global link length values represent but haven’t been able to find anything as yet. I would appreciate any help on this.

From what I can tell these are the values I need to tweak from the Hex_Cfg.h file:

[code]#define cXXCoxaLength 29
#define cXXFemurLength 84
#define cXXTibiaLength 124

#define cRROffsetX -43 //Distance X from center of the body to the Right Rear coxa
#define cRROffsetZ 75 //Distance Z from center of the body to the Right Rear coxa
#define cRMOffsetX -65 //Distance X from center of the body to the Right Middle coxa
#define cRMOffsetZ 0 //Distance Z from center of the body to the Right Middle coxa
#define cRFOffsetX -43 //Distance X from center of the body to the Right Front coxa
#define cRFOffsetZ -75 //Distance Z from center of the body to the Right Front coxa

#define cLROffsetX 43 //Distance X from center of the body to the Left Rear coxa
#define cLROffsetZ 75 //Distance Z from center of the body to the Left Rear coxa
#define cLMOffsetX 65 //Distance X from center of the body to the Left Middle coxa
#define cLMOffsetZ 0 //Distance Z from center of the body to the Left Middle coxa
#define cLFOffsetX 43 //Distance X from center of the body to the Left Front coxa
#define cLFOffsetZ -75 //Distance Z from center of the body to the Left Front coxa

#define cHexInitXZ 105
#define CHexInitXZCos60 53 // COS(60) = .5
#define CHexInitXZSin60 91 // sin(60) = .866
#define CHexInitY 25
[/code]
I have attached a crap sketch of my hexapod body dimensions which shows the axis system I believe the hexapod code uses.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Unfortunately given that the product in question is a direct copy of one which we produce, we cannot provide direct support. Perhaps someone from the community can provide some ideas.

Why don’t you ask AliExpress for help?

Or buy from Lynxmotion!

Alan KM6VV

Fair enough

I got some help over on the trossenrobotics forums