Need Einstein Robot by Hanson Robotics Charging cable!

Hi, my son wanted the item I mentioned, which he saw on youtube. It’s no longer made new, so I had to purchase a secondhand one. It unfortunately came without a charger. I figured this would not be a problem - however, it is. I cannot find one anywhere. Robotshop told me they can only send it to their Asian customers and not here in the US. Does anyone have a solution for this? I would be so appreciative! TIA!

1 Like

This is the battery that needs the charger

1 Like

Hi @Smoss098 !

This looks like a 2.4V Ni-MH battery. So, you need to find a charger that supports this voltage and this type of battery.

You can look for chargers here: https://www.robotshop.com/collections/batteries-chargers

For example, this one should work: Tenergy TB6B Multi Balance Charger for NiMH/NiCd/LiPo/Li-Fe + Power Supply - RobotShop

Now, next problem is the connector. I am not sure if this charger has this exact connector from the battery, but if it doesn’t, you just need some adapter or a workaround to connect it.

I hope this helps.

Thank you - the connector is the issue. I bought a universal charger off of Amazon but it did not have the correct connector. The frustrating thing is that robotshop sells the exact charger for the item I need on their Japan site, but when I emailed them, they told me that they can’t send it to the US. :rage:

Is there anyway to find out what that specific connector is called?

1 Like

HI @Smoss098!

Yes, it is a problem for RobotShop to transfer product from Japan to USA. Their system doesn’t let them do that.

To me, this connector looks like this one: SparkFun LED Strip Pigtail Connector (2-pin) - RobotShop

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you so much, it does look like that! Now for the million dollar question, would you be so kind as to help me figure out how to use that with a charger to be able to charge this battery please?

1 Like

Yes, I guess we can figure it out.

Do you have a link to that charger you bought?

Which connections does it have?

I appreciate your help!

This is what I purchased
NiMH/NiCd Battery Charger for 2-8s Nimh/Nicd Battery Packs with Standard/Mini Tamiya Connector RC Charger for RC Hobbies Charging Current 1000mA/2000mA https://a.co/d/6gZDrfZ

1 Like

So it looks like a correct charger.

I think you can use Aligator clip connectors, or you can cut one of the white connectors and install male connector from this SparkFun LED Strip Pigtail Connector (2-pin) - RobotShop

Maybe you will need a wire stripper and some insulating tape.

I see… I’m not familiar on how to use alligator clips, could you please explain what they connect to?

1 Like

It’s simple.

You use them to grab the metallic part and create electrical connection.

For example: Multimeter Tip: Using Alligator Clips - YouTube

Thank you so much for all your help, it is very much appreciated!

1 Like

You are welcome :slight_smile: