Need advice on the right servo/actuator

Hi all,

I am a total novice and a newbie to the forum. I am interested in testing a servo motor for a specialized application. The application requires low speed, not high torque (but higher than speed), movement from 0-100%. The servo would only be triggered at most, on average, once per day. And I am looking for something that is low power usage as it may be batter powered and remotely controlled. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.

Chris

I thought i replied to this but realize maybe I didn’t. I think the r/c servo is fine. I need basically to open and close. Simple is better, and small with low speed and some power.

Savox servos are great I used them on my project they work flawlessly.
youtube.com/watch?v=Brf02tdtQGo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

When you say “servo motor” do you mean an industrial servo motor or a hobby R/C servo motor? Most R/C servo motors rotate from 0 to 180 degrees, whereas industrial servos are actually DC gear motors with encoders and require a motor controller / microcontroller combination (often purchased from the same company).

You can consider a standard Hitec 422 servo, but without knowing the actual torque and actual speed you need, it’s hard to suggest models. How would you want to trigger it?

i was hoping to trigger from a ble module…

thanks beer man. pretty impressive…