Need advice choosing a servo

Firstly i am doing a teleoperation project.

a brief rundown how the system works is shown below
[

]

so the basic function is I will be using two servo motors with real time position feedback. so feedback from servo 1 will be sent to servo 2 as input and vice versa. hence the servo will mimic each in rotation. (here the servos will be moved manually)

I am looking at these two servos

which one of these would be better suited for the job?

1 confession. i already bought the continuous turn servos and just found out that the are not positional servos? meaning If I put a command say write (70). it wont 70 degrees. it will continuously roatte until I say it to stop (I am assuming it will only take write(0/90/180) prompts). am I right in this?

should I return the continuous one and order the digital feedback servo?

please let me know if you want additional info.

main goal of the project is a make a bilateral teleoperation system. we will have 2 servos. if we move one manullay (commander)
the other (follower) will mimic the motion dn rotation of the commander precisely. we will be using esp32s for this project with wifi communication between the two servos

1 Like

here is a overview of the system since there was a 2 link restriction

1 Like

Hi @Blade ,

You are correct. For continuous rotation servos, you control the speed and direction, but not the precise position. They lack the feedback mechanism to know their exact angle. Ideal for applications where continuous motion is required, such as wheels for robots, camera panning mechanisms, or rotating displays.

For positioning servos with feedback, you send a command signal specifying the desired angle, and the servo adjusts its position until it matches the command, providing precise position control. Commonly used in robotics for precise arm and leg movements, in animatronics for accurate character articulation, and in RC vehicles for steering and throttle control.

So if you need the second one, it is best to return that continuous rotation servo. If it was bought from RobotShop, let us know.