NAO Robot V4 Light Blue | Boots With Issues | Plus Spare Parts - PLEASE READ

PARTS ONLY - PLEASE READ

Want some parts to fix up your NAO V4? Or are you looking for a NOA V4 to fix for yourself? This listing may be what you’re looking for! Read on to find out!

THIS IS NOT A TOY
Used by academics and hobbyists that know what they are doing.

ITEM’S HISTORY
Robot was bought off an online forum from a seller who bought the combo at auction from a university. They claimed it was functioning but it arrived outside of the previously described condition and was a bit filthy. I have cleaned the outside but it’s not perfectly spotless. Everything included features a good amount of visible wear and tear. Internal wear and tear is only partially assessed - read below for details.

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
Comes with the charger, a USB drive with some related files (presumably the OS, or some custom programs, I haven’t opened the drive for security reasons).

Also included are two batteries which do not seem to hold a charge (haven’t been keen on my testing to be honest), one with broken off screw brackets. There’s also most of an orange NAO. I’m assuming it’s a V4 as all that’s left is a mostly intact torso, the left leg, both arms, and random parts for the right leg including a foot.

So that’s a…

• Charger
  • Blue NAO
  • Orange Parts NAO
  • Two Batteries that do not hold a charge (as far as I’m aware)
  • a USB drive with unknown contents/capacity

…included in the box.

There’s also some documentation, not sure how extensive as I usually resort to Aldebaran/Softbank’s digital manuals where everything is searchable.

FURTHER DETAILS
My local authorized service center claims that they no longer stock parts specific to the V4. There may or may not be parts on either bot that still function which are unique to the V4. From my INCREDIBLY LIMITED assessment, the head on the blue V4 (the orange robot has no head) appears to function. Because it keeps shutting off, I haven’t been able to assess anything beyond responding to a voice commands, which it seems to do fine. Please still assume that it is fully broken.

WARNING
This Blue NAO V4 boots but will hit an error and reboot the VERY SECOND it has to use its legs (it may be the gyro that’s broken though, not sure what the root cause is to be honest). My authorized service center claims they no longer stock parts that are specific to the NAO V4 which is why I’m selling it. I don’t plan on attempting my own repairs nor have I. I haven’t been able to test any functionality because of this. Also note that the fingers need tensioning. The spare parts from the orange NAO haven’t been tested either but the fingers appear to be in better shape (again, I’m not sure). Also, since the batteries are either dead or do not hold a charge, stable wall current is required for the robot to fully boot. I occasionally had to resort to using my battery backup UPS for this because it stabilizes wall current really well.

PLEASE ASSUME THAT EVERYTHING IS BROKEN BEFORE BIDDING OR SENDING AN OFFER BECAUSE OF THIS

THIS IS WHY THE LISTING IS PARTS ONLY

FOR THOSE INTERESTED

PLEASE MESSAGE ME with any questions you may have BEFORE bidding or sending an offer. I have attempted to be as extensive in my description as possible but I am human and I do make mistakes. Everything is prepackaged for fast shipping but I will unbox it for anything you want a photo of!

RETURNS
Returns are not accepted under any circumstance. If you believe your received the item in a manner other than described please contact me so we can reach a resolution.

SHIPPING
Do note that once the item is in the hands of the shipping carrier it is not longer my responsibility. If you wish to have the item sent as insured message me. eBay doesn’t appear to support options for this so we’ll have to find a way to insure the item on our own over chat. Any access payment is to be covered by the buyer when doing this.

I WILL NOT RESPOND TO INQUIRIES OUTSIDE OF THE EBAY MESSAGE CENTER OR ACCEPT PAYMENT THROUGH ANYTHING BESIDES EBAY.

Note: I actually will reply to inquiries here, but I’m most likely going to refer you to the listing. Thank you!

1 Like

Is there any warranty?

1 Like

No, there was no intended warranty beyond receiving something you did not expect to receive which is why I advertised as clearly as possible.

ALSO: This robot has since sold.