My vision was blocked please press OKAY (3000)

Good day,
I have a Neato XV21

I can’t use it for the last two weeks. He try to start but it is stopping after approx. 30 seconds with the message : My vision was blocked please press OKAY (3000)
I click OK and he’s doing the same thing.
I cleaned the robot and I shut it down and I still have the same problem.
Help!

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Neato. How long have you had the robots batteries for? It is possible that the batteries are unable to provide enough power to the LIDAR and therefore provides the error 3000.

Have you also cleaned the LIDAR with a can of compressed air? Sometimes dust can cause issues.

Also, does the LIDAR motor appear to be spinning when the robot starts? It is also possible that the LIDAR is defective and will need to be replaced.

The batteries were replaced last year.
I have cleaned the LIDAR with compressed air. When the robot starts I can hear the motor spinning , but I can’t see the LIDAR motor.

Please let me know what to do.
I need my Neato back!!!

We apologize for the delay. Is your robot still under warranty? Was it purchased with us? Your LIDAR may need to be replaced in this case.

This part is unfortunately not available for sale through the manufacturer or Neato Robotics resellers. Although, you may be able to find some online.

If it was purchased with us, you do have a 5 year warranty. We therefore encourage you to contact us via our support center and we will gladly help with the repair of your robot.

I’m curious if I can buy repair parts from RobotShop. I have the same error but don’t know how to prove the LIDAR is actually bad. Is there a way to prove it is bad, and then purchase a replacement from you?

Thanks

Yes, we do sell some parts for the Neato at this time. But, as mentioned, the LIDAR is unfortunately not available for sale through the manufacturer or Neato Robotics resellers at this time. But, you may be able to find some online from unauthorized Neato Robotics resellers though.

The best way to know if the LIDAR is defective is to see if the LIDAR motor is turning when the robot starts. You can easily see if it is turning or not. If it does not turn and then indicates the error, we would suggest to replace the LIDAR. If it does turn, the issue could also be with the robots motherboard.