My Very First Robot

Hello,

I am interested in building my first robot, I already red the "Start Here" section and check everything related to that robot and another beginner's ones.

The problem I have and this is more like a "I need your suggestions" is where to buy all this parts? In the instructions there's a lot of components that are small and very difficult to find where I live (Mexico City), I already seach the web for "Kits" but these kits are most likely to children and you know "Tamiya - beautiful dressed robots" and I want something more "rustic".

Do you know where I can buy (even ebay) a kit that has everthing I need to start developing a robot for the first time? and ofcourse I would prefer to buy components such as "picaxe"that I can use in future developments.

Regards

The start here is actually

The start here is actually linking you to webshops.

To date no one shop carries all the parts, but 2 shops will do it - all linked to in the start here :slight_smile:

If you buy a kit, you get a kit, you do not get "iinto it all"… and "getting into it all" also includes finding and ordering stuff at webshops!

While this doesn’t help you

While this doesn’t help you right now I am eventually going to do tutorials for XMOS, Arduino and Picaxe. My goal is that when I am done I can somehow get a supplier to carry all of the parts needed for all of the tutorials for a given processor. Like I said it will likely not happen since I am not looking to officially publish said tutorials. Who knows…

But as Frits stated when I started with the START HERE robot I did an extensive research to try to find 1 shop that had it all. Best I could do was 2 shops.

**Sparkfun

Pololu**
Sparkfun

Pololu

Robotshop

Acroname

why not an LMR shop?
I bet a little profit would be welcome to drive the site and cover hosting for you. Already have an audience eager to buy parts. Get some suppliers on board and you’ll be laughing to the meccano coin bank.

I have been reading the same tutorials and the same thought crossed my mind. Wrapping the tutorials with all the parts needed into one single buy and shipping is attractive plus it could include a tutorial on finding parts with popular online retailers per countries. I’d like to do it myself with a little markup for profit through ebay but it isn’t my robot or tutorials to be doing that with :slight_smile: