My (very) First Robot (Really)

Success!!  Finally figured out the code (somewhat).... I've never programmed before...so that's my biggest challenge.  But once it dawned on me "some of" the little ins and outs of the syntax.... very rewarding to finally have the robot behave in some successful fashion. I'm still not sure of how all the code does what it does... but every time I tinker with the code and study it.... I can see what the coding is doing.  Little by little.  Compared to other robots I've seen on this site... I have something to strive towards.... but building this (and getting it to do something that I've programmed) is very rewarding.  ..... I'm studying those manuals, Chris :-)  Thank you for the help.                  

Personality Trait: avoidance

• Actuators / output devices: single servo
  • CPU: Picaxe 28x1
  • Operating system: XP
  • Programming language: yes
  • Sensors / input devices: Sharp GP2Y0A21YK0F IR sensor
  • Target environment: inside

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/my-very-first-robot-really

Welcome and congrats!

I love the LMR wiggly springy bobble on the back. Keep it up!

Woo Hoo!

Grainger box!!  --I like the way you think, boy!

Well done :)Looks great, and

Well done :slight_smile:

Looks great, and does what it says on the tin :smiley:

Welcome !

Very nice work ! Keep it up :slight_smile:

And do not hesitate to modify the program, try different things, that’s the best way to understand the code :slight_smile:

I had to look up Graingers

Must be a US thing. “For the ones who get it done” Very appropriate. Congratulations on your success!

So thats what the

So thats what the replacement Sharps looks like :slight_smile:

Did you get a cable with it, or was something missing (I presume you bought the Solarbotics bundle, and there has been some problems with it)

Great work :slight_smile: Hook a speaker and an LED up now :wink:

The Sharp

Hey Frits…

The Sharp did not come with the cable. I contacted Solarbotics soon as I noticed it was MIA

and received a response from them that the distributor was no longer including the cable with the

sensor.  Well… the “kit” seems a bit incomplete without it :frowning:

anyway… I was referred by soloarbotics to Pololu for the cable (I bought 10 of them, not to be short again :slight_smile:

Nice job on your Start Here Robot tutorial.  I really had a great time assemblying the components… although the challenging

part is the coding.  This site is really great.  Nice job on that too!  Thanks!