My Start Here Bot

* avoids obstacles

* avoids edges

*detects motion

*has a external rf camera

*made a software that records what the camera sees.

just baby stuff.

trying to put a bluetooth device for the motion detection

basiac stuff

• Actuators / output devices: 2 GM9 motors 1 standard GWS servo
  • Control method: autonomous
  • CPU: Picaxe 28x1
  • Programming language: Picaxe basic
  • Sensors / input devices: SRF05, LDR

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/my-start-here-bot

Nice!
Hey, and welcome to the site! :slight_smile: Cant wait to see your future robots.

thanks
thanks. i was just thinking of putting a microswitch and add edge detection just like your blizz bot ^ ^

Congrats on getting started,
Congrats on getting started, hope your bot goes together well. Thought of a name yet? Sometimes that can be seen with how it reacts when running your programs.

Your battery-clips all seam

Your battery-clips all seam to be less than 4 cells.

My experience tells me that one get’s happier with 4 - specially when using rechargables, which I also recomend. They only have 1.2V

Thanks
one is 3 pack and the other is 4-pack…wil update very soon and post some videos.

Shipping
Yeah, international shipping is a bit of a nightmare; seems to cost as much for the postage as for the items if I order from the US. At least customs didn’t impose any additional taxes on me (that I know of). At least it stops me spending too much on new gadgets…

i haven’t thought of it yet.
i haven’t thought of it yet. ^ ^

i was like crying when i saw

i was like crying when i saw that the TAMIYA TWIN GEARBOX which cost almost $10 was almost only $6 here.

And a Tamiya set of twin gearbox, thread clog set and a platform was a total of only $16.548. T_T

i was shocked for 10min. then i should have saved alot on the items and A LOT LOT MORE on the TAXES.

Oh men… I wasn’t looking enough. hobby shops here are rare to find. i should have just ordered the picaxe and the srf05.

when i go to my on-the-job training this april i will hunt for hidden hobby shops in the capital city.

oh well. lesson learned.

^ ^

when I started messing with
when I started messing with robotics, the same happened with me, buying items and than finding them cheaper in other shops… now I do A LOT of research before buying… :slight_smile:

your robot is looking good so far, keep it going!!!

Nothing beats picking up

Nothing beats picking up broken or 2nd hand printers or VCRs for a couple of dollars from your local recycle shop. They give up tons of great doo-dads that you can use in robots. If you can get them free from family members its even better!

Great job with the bot, but
Great job with the bot, but can you tell me where did you get the chasis for the bot?

i recycled my keyboard case

i recycled my keyboard case for the chassis and an old printer for the wheels…

im also considering on buying tamiy thread set and platform to keep it neat

The GM9 motors actually are
The GM9 motors actually are better than the most of the Tamiya motors, at least more usable at higher voltages as shown by Pololu. There are Solarbotics replacements that work well at 6 volts (rather than 1.5 to 3 volts) if you want the Tamiya gearbox.

cool robot!! I like the
cool robot!! I like the simpel design, and the use of old computerparts is great (just what the world needs).hope to se a video soon

hey thanks.but i still love

hey thanks.

but i still love those threads from tamiya cuz they’ re cheap. ^ ^

im not thnking of replacing gm9 with tamiya. but thanks for the info. ^ ^

Can i ask…
How do i put the 2nd power supply to power the servo and the motors?

Remove a jumper and plug it in.

Remove the jumper down at the bottom right (where the red V1 square and blue V2 square are) and plug your motor/servo battery pack red wire to the blue square pin, and the black wire to a yellow square ground pin. Leave your present pack plugged in as is. Might be good to add a switch or 2 somewhere, if you got 'em.

Photo from Frits excellent AXE020 pin description.

your robot so very good !
You can share your project to everyone !

thank you. ^ ^ i was

thank you. ^ ^

i was thinking of an application for my robot.

get it to do something other than avoiding stuff