My mini redback

this is my mini redback ,its a small version of the Brats Tarantula ,
the tracks are crap but the motors and gearing are awsome its going to need some bearings and pillow blocks and another motor controller to swing the arms and the parts for the gripper arm/sensor pod are “out for delivery” i have more plans for this or should i say parts of this img54.imageshack.us/img54/8707/200703041226wv9.th.jpg img124.imageshack.us/img124/8096/2007030412242sp4.th.jpg img124.imageshack.us/img124/9624/200703041226ae6.th.jpg

That’s pretty cool. Are the tracks premade from something else? It looks really neat.

i think there pvc it might get some of jims tracks ,its a $20 toy i got off ebay , i could,nt see paying a $100 bucks for the real tarantula but for 4 motors and a 4channel radio controller you cant beat , it in its origanl form it can flip its self back over, its too small to climb stairs like its big brother. :unamused:

I bought three of the larger model that can climb stairs fairly well off EBAY for about 30.00 a piece… I had to kill the speaker on the thing 'cause it was completely obnoxious and quite loud. Loads of fun to thrash though. The manufacturer left a lot of slack in the tread to sprocket interface my guess to prevent damage to drive train consequently the tracks will slip a bit under heavy loads. I think they’ll make great hackable platforms but I currently have 4 robot projects going and haven’t had time to do so.

:smiling_imp:

Looks cool, good small platform. :smiley:

eh, the big one is fun and all, but after about a weeked the gears get slipping off and it evantually stopped working altogerther >_>

looks nice!

this one played "Deliverence music " for about a day :unamused:
the only big one i could find was $100 and there was a 1 in 4 chance of getting the good version ,this one was well worth it ,if for nothing else but parts. I dont know how far i,ll take this with a few bearing and some of jims tracks it would be alright, this desighn has quite a few things going for it i think i,m gonna try something wth some of these old computers i got lying around sort like the HERO robot just so i can go wireless then when i get some more cash go mini atx ,I think this will speed up my programing ,

it is really too nice and the you are rally done the wonderful work so tell me how many
total expediences for complete it ? That’s pretty cool. Are the tracks pre made from something else?
It looks really neat. I like your intelligent work.

that’s a three year-old thread! Might not get an answer.

Alan KM6VV