My Litter Robot 3 is blocked - blue light flashes

Emptying process has blocked three times after emptying and has not returned to the end position. Turned power off and on each time and then it returned to home position. Now the third time the orange light has flickered. Power off did nothing. I have brought it manually, by removing the cover in the home position. Now the reset button flashes continuously. The drawer is empty. What can I do? The part is about 3 years old. Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hello @Braveheart73

Thank you for contacting RobotShop. To troubleshoot this issue, please follow the steps below:

Thoroughly clean the DFI sensor lens and the surrounding area with a clean, dry cloth. Sensors may be obstructed by debris or dust, which can cause detection problems.

Ensure the waste drawer liner is correctly inserted to prevent detection issues and the litter bag isn’t overhanging to avoid sensor clogs. Please Refer to the following video:

How to Install a Waste Drawer Liner

1- Remove the old bag.

2- Wipe the DFI sensor’s circuit boards on each side.

3- Install the new bag.

4- Press the “Reset” button on the robot.

5- Reset the level on the app. (For wi-fi model)

Note: Steps 4 and 5 must be done in that order according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

If none of the above steps resolves the issue, please send us photos of the 3 sets of contact pins. 2 are located on the base and 1 is on the side of the bonnet. (See photo)

​ ​​​ ​​

Awaiting your response,