My first robot

I just started playing with robotics a few weeks ago when I got my arduino. This is my first attempt at a obstacle avoidance robot. Pretty basic. I am building an arduino shield to clean up the wires and get the motor drivers on a board. I thought it would be fun to learn how to make a pcb. Today I sat down and started learning eagle. Here is my first attempt at making a board... This is a motor shield I came up with. I have 2 l293 drivers to control up to 4 DC motors on a separate 12V supply. I have also placed pin headers for easy wiring of sensors and motors. I ordered a proto from batchpcb, so I'll post more when I get it in and installed in my robot. Please let me know what you think, this is my first attempt and I would love some feedback. I will post some pic's of the robot I am building and the source for this board tomorrow. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/my-first-robot-11

Please read the rules: Do

Please read the rules: Do not post as a robot if you have not built anything. You could start with a blog or post it in the forum.

"I will post some pic’s of

"I will post some pic’s of the robot I am building and the source for this board tomorrow. "

I have started building the robot for this, I just dont have the pic’s downloaded yet. I plan on uploading them in the morning.

Thanks, Joe

Nice

Nice first robot 

Good looking one! Are that

Good looking one! Are that continious servos you use for locomotion?

huge battery! nice

huge battery!  nice wheels…

they do look like servos @isotope

what’s the max speed like? @beamsjr

Yep, Im using CS-60 servos

Yep, Im using CS-60 servos

Im using 3 camera battery’s,

Im using 3 camera battery’s, should last a while… It’s not super fast, I will probably upgrade the motors later on. This is just for me to start learning on, so it’s not bad.