My Big-Base Robot

How to track?

Super bot, but have you made the tracking software yourself? Is it difficult or not? And what IDE you use to program a laptop with C#? Please answer to me, I’m looking for informations about this… I’d like to learn because is long time that I wanted to make a bot with “intelligent camera”.

Congratulations for the bot

Filip

2.1 GHz is reserved for the
2.1 GHz is reserved for the military/government, I might not even stick with wireless. I picked up a 30 fps wired webcam, maybe use that

I used snippits from some

I used snippits from some open source image processing proggies. It wasnt difficult only because I had something to work with and knew what I wanted. By IDE I am guessing you mean compiler? And I used a combination of Visual Basic (Msoft) and Bloodshed Dev C++.

Dont congrat me yet… it still has to move :slight_smile:

I wish someone would make me
I wish someone would make me a chassis… this crap has buggin’ me for a while. Well it is close to what you said with the two planes. It uses a center of gravity variable I arbitrarily chose 85 pixels x 85 pixels as the size the bot should try to maintain (this equates to a couple inches from the object). Doing so will require forward and backwards movement based on the relative size of me or the previously determined center of gravity variable. Steering involves rotating the robot from right to left and moving the camera from up to down.

To create these movement commands I added an SSC (serial servo controllers, the bot uses electronic speed controls compatible with PWM signals created by the SSC) to move the robot. The SSC module communicates to the SSC board via serial commands.

The SSC module will send two variables to the SSC board that range from 0 to 255 with 0 meaning reverse, 127.5 neutral and 255 full forward. The bot have two wheelchair motors that control the left and right wheels independently (differential drive). Which is convient since it can rotate in one spot. There is one more servo that controls the tilt of the camera that also ranges from 0 to 255 with 220 meaning the camera is pointed about straight. Then I wrote a code intertwined with the, center of gravity variable into motor commands from 0 to 255 for each motor and for the tilt servo.

This last code was in VisualBasic.

TheVB script first grabs our size variable, center of gravity and compares it with what size we’d like to maintain in view (I chose 85 perviously). If the object is too big it moves backwards by a relative amount or if the object is smaller than it moves forwards. However, it is needed to change the relative amounts for the right and left motors to ensure that we can rotate towards the the object as appropriately.

The left and right motors, also use the SSC module similar to the tilt feature.

Thx
Thx a lot…precious informations!

Wow that looks a lot like

Wow that looks a lot like what I’m trying to accomplish!!! I might as well go add it as a new post with a few pictures and stuff. Question, how did you get that tracking to work and can you interface it to a servo yet? I have done it in Microsoft Robotics Studio but I couldn’t figure out how to interface servos, or speed controllers. Anyway I like what you have going so far.

Yes I can interface servos,
Yes I can interface servos, but I wount need another motor controller, most likely polou’s serial servo controller. The proggy automatically identifies any com port used as a speed controller and transmits ttl to and fro.

amazing.
amazing.
you must be a master at programming. i have yet to make a programmable robot, but i’m working on it. my budget is like 500 bucks every year or so (scattered)

here’s my biggest bot: https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/5245
in total it will cost like $600, but at that point I would have saved money for literally years (can’t get a job just yet).

btw what do you mean illegal camera!?

2.1 GHz is reserved for the
2.1 GHz is reserved for the military/government, I might not even stick with wireless. I picked up a 30 fps wired webcam, maybe use that

i thought it had something to do with that… but actually 30 fps is pretty decent for a robot’s eye, but will the computer be onboard or off? will it be tethered now that the cam isnt wireless?

30 fps is optimum for a
30 fps is optimum for a webcam, otherwise it would be NTCS. I am not sure if I want the computer onboard or off. I cannot afford a Laptop atm, so I may have to use a couple USB extension cables for the Sabertooth.

Sabertooth 2x25 motor controller

To all users of the sabertooth 2x25,

What mode did your use nd had success with it? Any tips?

Thanks

Hi

Hi, why dont u use Roborealm software it support sabertooh as well http://www.roborealm.com/help/DE_Sabertooth.php

I am still curious, how can i control sabertooth autonomously, like moving from one point to another point with a turn and rotation