My ALTAIR Robots

I have been designing/building robots for over 40 years here are a few of my latest creations and my Dewey (Drone:1) from the amazing movie Silent Running.

Wow :star_struck: that’s amazing!

I saw that you also posted on the Robots section some very nice videos showing the robots.

I hope you’ll be sharing more details on how you built them!

1 Like

Thanks Geraldine! Here is another pic

Here is the ALTAIR EZ:1 specification.

1 Like

Here are the 2 ALTAIR robots together.

2 Likes

Wow! Amazing work! The design is awesome. Love the eyes.
So there is two versions, a two leg robot and a wheeled robot?

I look forward to seeing your robot projects in the Robots section :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am guessing, but I don’t think the “leg” version actually has two legs. In the picture above, the legs are joined at the knee. Though in some other pictures, further up on this thread, the knees do have more apparent separation. But, I think that may be an illusion. Rather, I suspect the leg version may roll around with the same wheels as the wheel version. But, perhaps with the additional ability to bend at the knee area, even though the legs themselves are joined together. But, if you read the info sheet that shows the “leg” version, it does not mention the knee bend. So, I suspect even that ability is not there. Might it have been a half-baked idea, that they had in the product’s injection molds. And perhaps they later decided not to do it, but didn’t spend the large amount of money to re-do the molds?

-joe