My actuator RMD-X series motors clock wise and anticlockwise absolute position control

hello,

I have rmd x6 motor and I want to control the motor position interns of negative angles and positive angles absolutely, can you tell me how to control it?, I could able to move the motor from 0 to maximum angles , but how to pass negative absolute position?, could you let me know how can it be achieved?.

1 Like

Hi @bp_nxg !

We contacted you via email.

Thank you.

Hello @bp_nxg !

Did you receive an email from us with the commands?

Thank you.

Hi

I did,

but i have another question, i wan to set the motor at 0 position, and for the next time, when i switch on i want the motor to remember its old position and move to given absolute position in a new run.

so here is process i want to achieve →

first set the current motor position to zero permanently or overwrite it, then switch off the motor, and rotate the shaft anticlockwise, or anticlockwise to few degrees, and turn the motor on

now i want to set the absolute position relative to its old position, could you help me with the commands,

i tried to write the packet 0x64, to zero and then turned off and again i moved to old position and then again tried to run to the old position, but sometimes it was not remembering its position, is there a way to do this?.

Best Regards
Dp

1 Like

Hi @bp_nxg !

Can you please reply with this request to the email so MyActuator support can help?

Hi i did write there, can someone please tell me?
thanks

1 Like

You wrote to [email protected] ?

i went navigated their support or contact us page and just wrote a message.

1 Like

OK good. If you don’t receive any reply in a couple of days let us know.

I dint receive, I returned the two motors and ordered V3 motors, again the same problem, it do not store the multi turn angle when it is turned off and on again, I have RMD X6 V3 motors, and I don’t see the second encoder enabled or so, if I tried to enable, as it stated in the specifications, I followed the video, and I don’t find those hex files to at least follow that procedure, can you kindly guide me with this, otherwise I have to return these two motors also back and order another one, its just a waste of time for me to have this kind of issues, I want to use this motor out of the box to mainly do the multi turn position tracking and to control absolute position control. thanks, please respond to me as soon as possible, we have a lot of delay by now.

1 Like

I’ve replied to your email with Vicky from MyActuator in CC. Hopefully she will reply. Thank you.

Hi I still didn’t receive an answer yet, can you ask her to reach out asap?.

Best Regards

1 Like

Hi @bp_nxg !

They probably were not working over the weekend. Let’s see today if they reply.

Any news from an of them?, i still did not receive any.

1 Like

No, not yet. Sorry.

Then probably I have to return these motors as well, it is really ■■■■■■ service from their end. Not responding in time.

Is there someone can do something or should I return them back
?

1 Like

Yes, I will try to contact another person from MyActuator support. Thank you.

Hi @bp_nxg !

Please see reply to your emails from MyActuator support.

Thank you for your patience.