Multi level Robot

I am planning to buy “Mecabot Pro Nano” robot. My requirement is to place 4 mobiles (on holders); one at each corner and a laptop in center to perform project specific tasks. Query -
1.) Can I customize it to a multi level Robot (say add one more deck on top of chassis)
2.) If YES, what is the material you suggest for building it?

1 Like

Hi there,

Sorry to keep you waiting!

The good news is we can custom make a top deck for your Mecabot Pro Nano. If you order through Robotshop, we can make it free for you.

Thanks
Wayne

2 Likes

Hi Wayne,

I am good with the proposal. Just to help, I have attached a screenshot that has two pictures to simulate the final requirement of two decks - one mobiles and other for laptop. You are the best to judge on height and feasibility so that the Robot doesn’t trip while moving on flat surface as well as on a slope of 20-30 degrees.

Thanks,
Alok

1 Like

Hi Alok,

It looks very doable.

Could you kindly advise the size of your laptop and the mobile phones please? I think one deck should be big enough to hold all of them. I wish to double check.

Thanks
Wayne

1 Like

Hi Wayne,

We already bought “Lynxmotion Aluminium A4WD1 Rover kit” 2 years back. It has a small platform that can’t hold a laptop. Hence, we planned to enhance it.

We wanted to enhance the power and so bought a new batter - Easylonger; that has 72000 mAh. But the weight is about 1.5 kg. Hence, we need two platforms - on one to place battery while second to be used to place mobiles and laptop.

Battery Details
Battery Weight – 1.6Kg
Battery Dimensions - 230 x 150 x 44 mm
Details - https://www.amazon.co.uk/EASYLONGER-Portable-72000mAh-Generators-Emergency/dp/B0B8CKB5VM

HP Envy – 13.3” Laptop
Specifications - ‎53 x 33 x 9 cm; 1.3 Kilograms
Weight – 1.4Kg
Details - https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-13-BA1013na-Touchscreen-13-3Inch-i5-1135G7/dp/B08RWR2Z98

4 Android Phones with holder - Approx weight about 2 KG

Thanks,
Alok

1 Like

This is a great platform.

Note that there’s also a larger, more recent version of the Lynxmotion rover which can also support considerably more weight.

1 Like

Hi Wayne,

I hope you may have gone through the details. Can you please update on the final conclusion.

Thanks,
Alok

Hi Wayne,

Any update? I want to proceed and close this early.

Thanks,
Alok

1 Like

Hi @alok9may ,

We sent a kind reminder to Wayne. Hopefully he will reply soon.

Thank you.

Hi Alok,

My apology to keep you waiting!

I am pleased to share it is feasible to meet all of your requirements. Adding the extra top deck can definitely hold the battery, laptop and 4 Android phones. Please kindly go ahead to place your order via Robotshop.

Thanks
Wayne

1 Like