Mosfet motor driver?

Dear: LMR

Just to let you know I want to use a two mosfets to control two 9 volt motors. I managed to find this circuit online for controlling a motor with a single mosfet and they say it can move the motor both directions. I looked at the circuit from my knowledge it can only move one direction. InA controls both directions of the motor. Can I please have some help? Thank you.

IMG_0142.jpg

Mosfet Motor Driver

The circuit shown will only turn the motor on in one direction. You can’t have bi-directional control with one device. The other dead giveaway is the diode across the motor leads. If the voltage were somehow reversed, the diode would be a short across the motor windings. The cheapest & easiest way for bi-directional motor control would be either 2 MOSFETS and a split power supply, or 1 MOSFET and a relay to reverse the motor leads.

Or just use a premade motor H-Bridge.

Thanks!!!

Dear: Salvage

I will look at schematics online for two mosfets or I’ll just use an h-bridge. Thank you.

mosfet vs hbridge

Do it the ease way and use an hbridge. It does the packaging for you. Get one with builtin protection diodes.

Yeah I think I will do that.

Dear: GG

Thank you I think I will do that.