Minisumo David (Adik-5)

Hi, this is my first topic in this forum.

After successful trials with the robot minisumo based on an article in Computer World as being the work of the Kolo NAukowe Robotyki (Poland Wroclaw): "Konar" , we decided to build a new, small minisumo .
Since the design previous has proved to be both in terms of electronics and mechanics, change was subject to mainly mechanics and body work.
Additionally, after watching many fights minisumo , we concluded that the best will write down the design of the robot low , fast and  strong .
And so was the " David "
Housing robot was entirely made of PVC and more specifically from tray the mounting . Connection Glued ( glue PVC , hot glue and a large amount of filler car) .
Plate back The front and are made of foam PVC
The printed circuit board done using thermal transfer .
drive are described in previous articles gears Tamiya in conjunction with the wheels of the company .

Changes to the original :
- Wheels
-  gearbox Tamiya ( serv)
- Housing (skeleton robot)
- processor - I used Atmegi 88 instead Atmegi 48
- sensors white line , mine are made of almost ready composite sensors TCRT 1000
- Lack of sensors collision
- printed circuit board has been divided into two (separate sensor module white line )

That made a big - little warrior sumo , weighs 390 grams, and so more than 110 grams, less than the limit for this class of robot weight.

Compared to the previous version is unfortunately weaker ... mainly due to the minor work. Influenced by a much less trailer wheels. Well you can see it on film , where every encounter with an older and bigger brother is a loser ....

As before, I say, it was worth it ! Experience trick in the construction of this robot has already brought about a new project. Two more designs and hope to develop a robot minisumo , which I could take on competition 

The total cost of implementation of the robot - about 35 $
The total construction time for about 20 hours.

Here are the photos from various stages of construction work.

Tamiya gearbox:

tamiya gearbox

Trough the installation section of about 9 cm:

Drilled holes for the axles :

Top view (the gear is sitting very tightly and firmly) :

Basket of rechargeable battery AAA has dimensions almost perfectly matched to the width of the channel

Everything OK , slap so feet ( hidden in the they are sensor white line ):

Paint:

Plate after etching , we needed to solder :

View of elements:

White line sensors:

Bottom:

Main - power switch:

Rear view:

and left side:

Forward:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/minisumo-david-adik-5

Nice little project there I

Nice little project there I want to make a Micro Sumo soon!