Mini Sumo "Destroyer 3000"

The system consists of:

• A mechanical platform
  • Actuators
  • Power electronics
  • Power source
  • Sensors
  • Microcontroller

Mechanical parts made of aluminum L and U profiles and sheets, all fastened with screws.
Actuators are 2 gearmotors driving 2 separate wheels with bevel gears. In order to control these actuators, we install 2 H-bridge drivers.
And the LiPo power source around 12V to get maximum performance.
In order to be able to detect the opponent, we install 4 IR proximity sensors with range 40cm.
In order to be inside the Dohyo, we install atleast 2 line detecting sensors at the bottom of the front corners.
Arduino is a perfect solution for this project.
There’s so many macros and libraries which simplifies our programming and drives directly to project realisation.
With the help of it we can process all the data from sensors easily and control the system.

Nano V3.0 is a compact solution for this project.

Maneuvers inside of the Dohyo ring surface, Searches for opponent, Pushes opponent out of the ring.

• Actuators / output devices: 2x 12V 1000RPM gearmotors
  • Control method: autonomous, IR start/stop
  • CPU: Arduino Nano v3.0 Atmel ATmega328 16MHz
  • Power source: Turnigy 800mAh 11.1V 20-30C LiPo 3S1P Pack
  • Programming language: Arduino C/C++
  • Sensors / input devices: 4x Sharp IR GP2Y0D340K, 2x Vishay Telefunken TCRT1000, 1x Vishay Telefunken IR Receiver TSOP31236, 2x Microswitches, 2x Freescale Semiconductor MC33887 Current Feedback and Fail Status.
  • Target environment: indoor, dohyo plastic surface

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/mini-sumo-destroyer-3000

Awesome,

Very good design,

Good looking build

Are we allowed to enquire about the programming, or is it top secret tactical information?

Is it as simple as “turns towards nearest item, and pushes it”?

or do you have other movements in there too?

I may have to look into the world of robot sumo! I imagine you could have a sensor that detects if you are being pushed backwards, and then side steps! AHA, TAKE THAT!

How should I react to your

How should I react to your comment?
Everithing is posted at the blog, no secrets.
Any student knows everything about the stuff inside.
Just take a look in the blog and you can find more information, files, methods in optimisation.

Nice mini-sumo!How did you

Nice mini-sumo!

How did you make the tires?

The tyres

Yes, i didn’t write about that yet. 

Polyurithane Shore A20 or A-silicone  2 component casting in a form of cilinder, together with the rim merged. 

Cast Silicone Tires

Code ??

Is it just me, or is the code nowhere to find anymore :frowning: