MIGHWAR

UPDATE : VIDEO .

Mighwar in Arabic is synonymous to the word commando in the English language.

Parts:

X4 12v Volvo s60 windsheild wiper motors.

X4 26cm diameter pneumatic wheels.

X4 custom made wheel to motor steel adapters .

X4 custom motor controller.

Custom Atmega168 based processing unit.

x2 military style twist connectors for charging and data.

9ch RC TX/RX

x2 12v 18ah sealed jell batteries.

ETC.....

UPDATE : Command and control circuit 1 is etched.

kill,explore,demolish,instills fear upon poor souls.

• Actuators / output devices: 4 12v high torque wiper motors
  • Control method: semi autonomous
  • CPU: atmega168
  • Power source: x2 12v 18ah sealed lead acid
  • Sensors / input devices: long range IR
  • Target environment: outdoor

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/mighwar

**impressive job ! **

Hi jad-berro :slight_smile:

I like your job ! same if it’s a war inspiration !

I had also make some test with windscreen wiper motors … a big torque :slight_smile: !

I’m strogly wait for the rest !

But I answer myself how do you want to control the speed of each motors ?

Because i think that the 4 motors haven’t the same speed , and that is an important issue if you want that your robot move right !

Do you want to use some sensor (like incremental encoder …) to control the position ?

Good luck for the rest of you very good job :slight_smile:

MoX

What’s the AMP for each

What’s the AMP for each motor? Looking forward to see more information about your motor controller :wink:

First off this is a very

First off this is a very cool build, and seconldy how are you planning to interface that display to the robot? 

Beat me to it…

I just got a hold of these guys…

They are even rights and lefts!

You have given me some inspiration to dust off the ol' welder...

I was going to buy like the

I was going to buy like the ones you posted, but then i saw the big ones that i have now. i think it will be a bit tricky for you to mount wheels directly on the shafts. But you are creative, you will figure this out :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, i believe these are window up down motors since they come in lefts and rights. unlike windshield wiper motors. 

The Touch screen computer

The Touch screen computer will be for telemetry and control. Hand held and not inside the robot.

I believe it tops at about

I believe it tops at about 10-15 A in normal use and jumps to 40-50 A when stalled. I have designed and built my own custom hybrid controllers for these motors that should be able to hold peaks of up to 70 amps and more . 

Salut MoX !each motor has

Salut MoX !

each motor has its own motor controller, besides that each of these motors has a built in switch that gets pressed once per rotation, so i can roughly estimate the RPM of each motor.

Looks good but…

I’m not sure who was doing the work on the lathe, but some of those pictures are very scary indeed.

I in absolutely no way intend to cause offense, but the image with the parting off tool, and the one below it with the one with the vernieer gauge might not be best things to show on an educational forum - both show very dangerous ways of working, and could cause people to loose fingers or get badly injured.

The robot itself looks like it’s going to be great.Please keep the updates coming.

As I have two years of

As I have two years of school with lathe and other machines I do agree that this is some scary pictures.

That said I do envy anyone having this type of low cost fabrication in their neighborhood. To get anything like this done in Norway it would probably cost you $100 just to look at your drawings.

The man has some 20 years of

The man has some 20 years of experience on that particular machine, i was close only during the taking of these pictures.

I quite understand your concerns and i chatted with the man about it and he told me about an accident that happened on this machine with a man’s scarf getting caught in the spindle resulting in catapulting the man into the wall causing severe injury.

I will keep the updates coming :slight_smile:

I got 4 shafts machined and

I got 4 shafts machined and welded to the motor shafts all for 40 US$ :slight_smile: And the process nearly needed all the expertise this machine does ! also done in under 2 hours same day i spoke to him.

I don’t know if this picture

motorFuse.jpg

I don't know if this picture is clear but this is how I mount those motors and the image below are the mount plates. They are different because both motor are same side so these plate have to be made differently to hold motors in same position.

motorMountPlate.jpg

BTW, I am not too sure but if I were you I would use stronger wire like 10~12AWG at least and have 30A or 50A fuse in each motors, depands on how much AMP your motor may consumed. Again, not 100% sure if I am correct but that's how I use on my tank.

That sounds good. Yeah,

That sounds good. Yeah, those wiper motors usually 50A when stalled. If you could handle up to 70A that’s good enough. Make sure you use thick wires or it might get hot easily if it go over 30A.

** Please tell me youre doing**

|x

Please tell me youre doing something about the tiny, tiny, TINY wires for these Huge, HUGE HUGE MOTORS.

Ok cool stuff the intern

Ok cool stuff the intern switch is a useful stuff.

I was thinking to use windscreen wiper motors transforming them on electric linear actuator (indeed i made this type of actuator with servomotor, for a biped i build just now), but the type of motors you use could also be a good solution.

Where did you buy them ?

I got them from a used parts

I got them from a used parts dealer here in beirut.

Yes it was logic ( my

Yes it was logic ( my question was quite stupid indeed o__0 ) LOL

Web is magic, Beirut seems to be not so far :slight_smile: