Mechanical device that has moving arms that is remote conto

how can i make my device use less power and where can i find someone who will design the unit for me

We do not offer design or consultation services at RobotShop, nor do we have a list of individuals or companies which offer such services. Perhaps someone from the community here can offer some advice.

yes i understand that but i would really appreciate if anyone well versed in robotics can help with advice

Perhaps if you explain more about what you are looking to do and why?

Hi Irvine,

Happy to offer some ideas, but as Coleman suggested, we’ll need more information to properly understand your goals/requirements.

You can view my ROVer build via the links in my signature below. ROVer uses 2x12-19v regulated lipo packs that are designed for solar input power for charging when outdoors and are capable of delivering up to about 4.5amps peak current each (about 9 total). This works well in my design thus far, but I’ve been VERY conscious of power consumption because I want ROVer to be an all-day robot… or even multi-day with solar.

The design requirements, in ROVer’s case, have come down to two things:

1. choosing power-sipping components (motors, etc), and
  2. switching off various components when they’re not in-use… such as motors, sensors, displays, boards, servos, etc.

So far, it seems that the above two points have resulted in ROVer likely being able to operate over at least 2 days, even without solar.

Not sure, yet, what you have in mind, but any project that is power-conscious will likely have to focus on these same two considerations.

Cheers,

Nick.

hello Nick. I just joined and, not only that, but this is the 1st forum I have joined, so pardon please if I cross a line I didn’t know about.
I am looking for people who know how to put together mechanical arms on mobile devices for a business purpose which I can fund.
From your project description, you might be such a person. Can we talk?