Mbot...failed upload

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

I can not get any code to stay on the mbot. When pressing “upload to Arduino” I always get a “failed upload” message.
I have tried many thing but still can’t get it going.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hi kevinml,

You have to get the right board selected in the Arduino IDE software as well as COM port.
Maybe you can share some print-screen of your error as well as information about the Board and COM you selected.

:slight_smile:

Com port 11, This is the only choice of com ports
mbot (mCore): this is the board selected

In your Device Manger, what do you have a serial device for the COM11 you are referring to ?
With the mCore connected i get a CH340 device (which work).

Also, can you send your project *.sb2 file ?

Yes, it is a CH340 device

How do I send you the .sb2 file…it’s not on the upload list for file types

The easiest would be to ZIP the file then attach it like a picture.

Here is an image of the program…it doesn’t really matter how simple or hard the program is…i get the same result

I’ve tested the same thing on my side and it work.
What i suggest is to “Upgrade Firmware” in the “Connect” menu, then try again.

I have upgraded Firmware…and installed the Arduino Driver…same result

Can you post a picture of your setup / board ?

What i understand from your messages is you can actually upgrade firmware.
This tells me that the communication between the software and your controller is actually working.

Yes it is working…There is nothing special about what I’m doing and how its hooked up…its very simple. The problem is that we can’t upload to the mbot.

I am in a school division and we have tried this in four different schools and on my own laptop and we can’t get it to work. Is there another way to do this communication? This is very time consuming and its hard to get all pertinent information across.

Please, attach a picture of your setup

here it is

Hi kevinml,

Please send a message to us by filling this form:
https://www.robotshop.com/en/support.html/

And add the link to this forum post in the message:

We will then be able to send a replacement for the defective board.

Sincerely,

We have tried this on numerous robots…we purchased 100 of them. Same problem on the ones we tried.

We have the same problem on different boards.

We have done a number of tests on various computers OFF of our networks. We have been successful with the robot working on both a Mac and PC computer. Therefore, there is something with the policies/security which is preventing the mbot from uploading to the robot.

Do you know what this can be or who to ask.

Thanks

Hi kevinml,

Since the problem is probably related to this particular PC, we suggest contacting the manufacturer directly to see if this is a problem they heard about:
[email protected]

Don’t hesitate to reply to this forum after contacting them if you do not have any answer.