Maze Solving Robot V3

Wow! Great project, your

Wow! Great project, your code is excellent I would say. The quality of your contruction is great too.

I saw the batteries on ebay,yes they are cheap. Can you tell me if there is a difference between the batteries colors they are selling?

They have the same voltage and amp/h to me. Thanks :slight_smile:

I may need to clean it up a

I may need to clean it up a bit and add some comments to make it readable. There is lots of double checking in it that may make it confusing to read some of it right now. I will try to get it up soon.

Thank you for the nice

Thank you for the nice comments. I have built another maze and am finding out that this robot seems to be flawless so far :slight_smile:

I would expect that there is no difference in the different colored batteries. I guess I was just in the mood for some orange ones when I ordered them.

You’re very welcome Patrick

You’re very welcome Patrick :)  Which MCU are you using?

Ok thanks for your answer on the batteries,I will also check for the charger.

Korel

Opps sorry it’s an arduino.

Opps sorry it’s an arduino. Thanks :slight_smile:

IT WORKS!!!

IT WORKS!!!

patrickmccabe, I’ve said it

patrickmccabe, I’ve said it beore, and somehow I think this will no be the last time. However, I must say it again: You are a very talented person!

:smiley:

Amazing!

Very clean robot, great code, and performs perfectly! Congrats on making a great robot!

Hi, sorry I didn’t

Hi, sorry I didn’t find.

Where can I see the code??

I’m new here.

Thank You!!

It is at the top, right

It is at the top, right below the main image of the robot. Under “attachments”.

Welcome to LMR.

Thank you!!I see that link,

Thank you!!

I see that link, but is a *.pde format

How can I open that?

You need the Arduino IDE I

You need the Arduino IDE I wrote it with http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

Hi Patrick,The way I

Hi Patrick,

The way I understand your code and video, the robot remembers every turns he makes. The colected data are store as variables.right? I’m not too familar with Arduino. Thanks for posting and great job as always. :slight_smile:

Well not exactly
The robot

Well not exactly

The robot will store the turns in an array. Every time it goes to turn it checks and sees if the previous move was one where it had to turn around which would indicate a wrong turn was taken. It then goes ahead and corrects this wrong move using some simple move combinations it knows. So it does not end up remembering all the moves it has taken, just the final best path. 

More explanation here: http://www.patrickmccabemakes.com/PatrickMccabeMakes/Mazev3.html

One day soon I might be in the mood for writing a tutorial on maze solving here on LMR. 

Thanks for your link

Thanks for your link Patrick, it will help. Yes a tutorial would be great! :slight_smile:

Can you tell me what is the

Can you tell me what is the model sensors you are using,because on Polulu website there are a few of them. Thanks

Yes they have 2 models. 1 is

Yes they have 2 models. 1 is digital output and 1 is analog output. I am using the analog output one  http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/960

Thanks Patrick, BTW your

Thanks Patrick, BTW your website is great! Congrat :slight_smile:

Very nice!

I love it! Have to make one of these someday
 :slight_smile:

Sensor Array

I bought the same sensor as you and I was wondering which holes I solder the pins to if I want to to use only six of the sensors?