Maker Faire NYC 2013

MF_LMR_Table_005_crop_sm.jpg

Let's Make Robots has been rocking the NYC Maker Faire since 2011. This year Chris the Carpenter will be manning the helm. I'll be helping with some planning and logistics and crap like that.

Update: 5 August 2013

Maker Faire Application

Good news! Our application to attend Maker Faire has officially been accepted. Chris the Carpenter is busy getting things ready and you can comment on his preparations here.

Send Your Robot to Maker Faire

Your robot needs to get out more. Send him (her? it? them?) to me and we'll make sure your robot has a good place on the LMR table. Comment below, reach me via the LMR contact form, or email me if you already have my email address and we'll figure out the shipping logistics.

Update: 29 June 2013

Volunteers

Time to get ready for Maker Faire NYC. We have until July 28th to get our application in, but it'd be best to get it in sooner. We'll need to know stuff. Like how many people are going to come help out at the table. We had a lot of volunteers last year, and I hope everyone had fun doing it. I hope we'll see some familiar faces, and maybe a few new ones too.

MF_LMR_Table_via_Nick_Normal_sm.jpg

MF_LMR_Workshop_032_sm.jpg

So let us know in the comments below if you would like to come help out. I believe the way it works is that if you can commit to being at the table for at least four hours in one day, you can get into Maker Faire free for that day.  

Activities

Last year we had a lot of robots that LMRians sent us from all over the world. Umm, I still have some of them, and we'll bring them to Maker Faire. Who else wants to send us some cool robots to display? Let us know in the comments below if you can send us your awesome robot.

MF_LMR_Table_004_crop_sm.jpg

Last year we also and simultaneously ran four workshops while keeping our table manned for the appreciative crowd. It was awesome. It was also exhausting and expensive. So we are not doing workshops this year. Maybe we'll revisit that another year.

MF_LMR_Workshop_006.jpg

Summary

1. Can you help out at the LMR table? Comment below.
  2. Can you send us your cool robot? Comment below.

That's all for now. More later.