Maintenance: components and unread posts

You know our Components section right? Most of the components in that database are automatically imported from a few vendors who are friendly enough to allow us access to their databases. Each time a new component is added to a vendor's catalog, our server imports it into ours. Changes in details like description and price are also automatically updated.

Each update results in a new listing on your personal Unread page. If you find that annoying, use the following link at the top of that page: Mark all Components as read. This makes the "new" auto-imported components dissappear, until the next batch is imported.

Normally the imports happen daily and are limited to 15 or so components per vendor per day. However, the import has been broken for the past few months, so we are now in the middle of a serious catch-up-operation that will take forever, unless we take some action now.

So that's what we're gonna do. One of these days we're gonna import the lot of them in one fell swoop. This means your "unread" page and your "recent" page will get innundated with components. Remember, one big click on the Mark all Components as read will clean up the mess.

For more info about the inner workings of LMR, just click About anytime. ;-)

Thank you for that advice.

I have to say, I was starting to get annoyed, but the above now makes sense, and I’m pleased there are ways “around” it.

annoyment

We re aware of this effect. Back from the days when we first introduced this feature. This is why we are making thi announcement and instructions.

Feel free to join the think tank. All suggestions are welcome. ALABTU.