Lynxmotion new Smart Servos - Happy at first then ouch

Hello all,

When I first heard that Lynxmotion was selling their own brand of Smart Servos, I was real happy. The specs were OK and all. Unfortunately, I then saw the price…

Was it necessary to release yet another stratospherically priced servos in an already crowded market?

It is definitely not priced to be used by hobbyist like me…

:cry:

Robotis, LewanSoul and others are already selling Smart Servos and many that are less expansive that that. Please tell me that Lynxmotion will start selling competitive Smart Servos for a way more affordable price…

Hi kadersin,

Appreciate the support, in that you’re onboard with Lynxmotion creating custom smart servos. We’ve done considerable comparison testing to check the specs (and price) of competitor’s smart servos and see how ours stack up and we’re very proud to say ours, unlike many of the others, meet the specs we describe. It was RobotShop’s objective to make the servos (and accessories) as affordable as possible, and we hope to be able to further reduce the price in the future. Given the price, we hope people will see the many features which meet of surpass the specs of the competition, and appreciate the list of features which make ours unique, including:

• Easy to use / understand LSS Communication Protocol
  • Multiple, fully configurable modes (serial, RC, wheel)
  • Complete documentation and full technical support
  • Many connection points and accessories for rapid prototyping of robotic creations
  • RGB, button menu
  • and more…

If you find the servos and features attractive, perhaps wait for them to be on sale, for open box models, ask to participate in BETA testing and possibly get them (or future products) free of charge. Alternatively, we may soon do a call for reviewers where we send servos (and accessories) free of charge. We look forward to seeing what people do with these new products.

2 Likes

Thanks for your fast reply, as always!

I’ll be glad to look for those sales, BETAs and reviews , as my field of interest is biped locomotion, which of course involve a lot of those babies (>20)… This is why I want to get the lowest price possible for those servos…

Continue the good work!

Kad

1 Like

@kadersin Keep an eye out in the coming weeks for a call for reviewers. 20 is a bit high, but maybe enough to make two legs? Don’t know yet. As always, happy to have you here.