Lynxmotion HQuad500 Flight Time

Hello,

After building the HQuad 500 I was only getting on average 3 minutes of hover time. This seems to be a problem. Is there any information on what the flight time should be? Could I possibly have a damaged battery? Please let me know what your flight times have been if you have built it also.

Thank You Very Much

Hey there!

Did you buy the recommended battery?

If not, what are the specs of the one you have?

Hello,

Yes indeed, that is the battery which I purchased.

Have you changed anything to the base kit or have you bought the kit in the following link + battery?
If you added more powerful motors, it is possible that they drain the battery faster than intended

Also if you can tell me which battery charger you use, it could help.

Magmator,

Thank you for the reply.

Everything is stock. The charger used is as below:

I do know that Li-Po batteries are notorious for easily being damaged. Could a defected battery be the cause? Would you have any idea as to what an expected flight time for this drone is?

This is for a senior project so i’m eager to get as much info as possible.

Thank you very much!

It could be a defect but there’s no way to tell yet. Make sure that you double check the user manual for every settings of your charger. I suggest that you do a discharge test with your charger and then that you calculate the capacity with the data.

If you are looking for the user manual, here it is: https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Prototyping/IMAX-B6.pdf

Let me know how that went

Turns out we were charging our LiPo battery incorrectly. After charging it correctly we were getting flight times above 10 minutes so all is well.

Thank you Magmator for the advice.