LU2MI2

Is it mid september already??? W00t!

Two audio modules arrived in the mail today. Got my spare SD cards a few days ago. Let the games re-begin!

waiting :-)))

waiting :-)))

Sorry for the delayed response

No, it doesn’t output a true logic 1/0 but the analog voltage it puts out results in a 1/0 interpretation by the uC.

Next!

All my PCBs arrived today and the LU2MI2 boards were part of the order. Both fit nice and I believe we’ll have clearance, Clarence.

Updated project to come!

Cooool :slight_smile:

Cooool :slight_smile:

Yeah, progress. Great. The

Yeah, progress. Great. The best of all is your bioengineered manipulator LOL (seriously, I hold a lot with my finger nails when I solder components)

Looking forward to the next update!

Nice trick

- the diode-oring of the three analog sensors into one digital input. That is definitely going into the "bag of tricks."

Can’t wait to see the finished thing!

That’s good news JAX, also

That’s good news JAX, also to know a possible deadline :slight_smile:

There is not much more space in the tin can…well done and well done Chris for the “bulkhead” shield :slight_smile:

Never mind, good things need

Never mind, good things need time. I saw your draw back with the smoke…bad thing…but I am sure you will get this done sooner or later :slight_smile:

Is there any further

Is there any further progress JAX? Seems you are busy with other things. 

**Update via comments as the page won’t take updates :**

I tinkered with the bot some more today and hit another roadblock. The main avoidance routine works fine but the head servo wasn’t working at all. Then I realized I have the PICAXE running at 3.3V and I figured out the servo is not hearing the signal at that voltage. Soooo it looks like I need to redesign the PCB with room for something like the SN74AUP1G07 1-bit buffer/driver to feed the servo the higher voltage it requires.

Oh cra…5V vs*

Oh cra*…5V vs 3.3V…always gives me a headache too…

Glad to see you’re still

Glad to see you’re still tinkering with R2.  :)   If you can get the site to work for you, I’d also be interested in hearing more about the RGB wall blocks that you were working on for a friend of yours a while back.

Servo signal booster

I was browsing around and as soon as I saw this 2.7v-3v -> 5v signal booster I thought of your project.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_8356__Turnigy_Rx_Servo_Signal_Booster_2_7v_5v.html

Looks like it has a chip directly on the cable, so you shouldn’t have to rework any circuits. You could probably shorten most of the wire and have quite a compact little guy.

It’s nuts but that booster

It’s nuts but that booster is too big to fit. That R2D2 candy tin is absolutely stuffed full! Thanks for the lead, though. Fortunately I found the sn74lvc1g34 buffer/line driver and some real estate on the PCB for it. I got another batch of components for the rebuild and now I just need to have rev.3 of the PCB sent off to be fabbed. I need to finish BoB and I’ll get back to this guy :slight_smile:

Consider this project page archived!

I will start a new project page for LU2MI2 when I finish it. Further progress (short of completion) will also be recorded in future associated blogs. Something about the content structure of this page has made it impossible to make changes to it. When I add/delete things it doesn’t show up on the preview at all, or the final post for that matter. The symptom was also included when I copy and pasted it into the blog so that’s how I came to my conclusion.

Thank you for your interest!

Well, that’s strange, but

Well, that’s strange, but maybe LMR V4 will fix that bug…seems it’s a bug…

Looking forward to the completion of that little guy…My mint can is ripped empty now and waiting for some free time to get stuffed full again…this time with an Atmega8 i guess…just to have more pins available for some gadgets if the space allow it.

EL2ISA2 v2???

Outstanding! I look forward to the new rendition to say the least. My inspiration reborn \o/ :slight_smile: Forget the BoB trend. Mintvelt, you, and I will rekindle the R2 tribute saga again lol j/k Nothin but love for BoB, plenty to spread around hehe

Yep, I gutted it :slight_smile:

Yep, I gutted it :slight_smile: