LSS RC Speed Mode - Flashing Red

Hello,

I am using the LSS HT1 Servo.
I was able to turn the servo in RC Speed Mode following this doc LSS Button Menu .

Unfortunately, after completing all the steps when I obtain the flashing yellow then flashing blue, I have a flashing red coming up. I don’t really get why.
When I try my program, the servo doesn’t work, which means it is not in RC Speed mode.

Can someone explain to me how I can correct it please?
I don’t have access to the software. I am working on Mac OS.

RC Speed mode is RC “wheel mode” which accepts RC PWM signals between 500us to 2500us and causes the servo to rotate continuously, with 1500us as “stopped”. You indicate “When I try my program {…} I am working on Mac OS” which doesn’t sound like you’re sending RC PWM pulses but rather serial commands, which causes it to flash red because the signal cannot be properly identified. If you’re using a computer, it doesn’t sound like you’re using RC at all.

Can you explain what you’re trying to do and what signal you’d like to send?

Hello @cbenson,

By “I am working on Mac OS”, I was trying to say I am unable to use the LSS Config Software.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

My HT1 is plugged to an Arduino and receives 12V power. The program I wrote is supposed to send RC PWM signals between 500us to 2500us and the wheel shouldn’t turn if I send 1500us.
I can see with the output in my Arduino consoles that everything works fine. Except that the servo doesn’t rotate at all.

If ever I try to use the LSS Board to work with the software, the port doesn’t come up.
I don’t really know what to do from there.

Can you show a few clear photos of the setup so we can follow all electrical connections? 12V is good (ensure it can provide a few amps of current though for the HT1), and you also need GND to GND and signal to the corresponding signal pin. Note that the power supply’s GND needs to go to both the Arduino’s GND and the servo’s GND (“common ground”).

Do you have a normal 3-pin RC servo you can test in its place (changing to 5V or 6V power) to verify that it rotates to the desired position (which would correspond to a speed on the LSS)?

Note that you don’t need the LSS Config to send serial commands to the servo - you can use any serial terminal. The LSS Config just makes it a bit easier by sending the correct commands and showing you a visual interface.

Yes, definitely.

The set up, written:

White cable:
-Arduino’s side: Pin 9
-Board’s side : Pin Rx

Red cable:
-Arduino’s side : 5V
-Board’s side: Below GND

Black cable:
-Arduino’s side: GND
-Board’s side: GND

Serial Cable plugged into the servo, then plugged on the upper left side of the board.
Serial Cable plugged to power side (down side of the board), then plugged on the upper right side of the board.

All of it powered with a 12V output adaptator.

Also, I am not used to work on this field, I am much more a web developer. Therefore I am not sure that I understood the following :

Do you have a normal 3-pin RC servo you can test in its place (changing to 5V or 6V power) to verify that it rotates to the desired position (which would correspond to a speed on the LSS)?

I am currently moving forward a little bit today.
It works when I use the LSS Config software without any other cable plugged to the LSS.
Sending the serial “WR40” will make it turn continuously, and “H” will stop it.

I am still trying to find the issue with the set up I posted just before.

@cbenson Thank you for your help. We managed to fix the issue.
It seems like the pin in our 5VR board don’t work anymore (LSS - 5VR Board - XWiki). We plugged the 5V and GND to those on the left an everything works perfectly.

@welyweloo It seemed like you were plugging the red cable from the 5V from the Arduino into the 5V output of the LSS-2IO… yeah. Luckily didn’t burn anything it sounds.