LSS Bracket not fitting & included hardware question

Hello, I recently got my first LSS bracket and servo, and I’m having trouble getting them to fit together. It seems like maybe there’s a deformation in the bracket that I thought was only cosmetic; however, I have to use a large amount of force to seat the bracket, and even then the screw holes don’t quite line up. Is this normal within tolerances, and I should be using a special technique to place the bracket on the servo? Or is the bracket defective, and it should slide into position easily and rely on the screws to hold it in place? I’ve attached a few perspectives in some photos to try to clarify this fit.

My other question is about the bracket’s included hardware–are the 4 mounting holes in a circular pattern supposed to be able to fit M3 or 2-56 screws? And are all the included screws 2-56 with the same length?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi dsg123456789,

Looking at your pictures, one of the bracket seems to have a “defect” of material.
But in other pictures the bracket is just not pushed all the way on the servo, it’s a very tight fit to reduce “movement” or “backlash” once the assembly is finished.

Regarding the hardware, it only contain 2-56 x 1/4" Philips screws and the circular pattern is made for that size.

More about the SES Mounting Pattern HERE.

As for the servo itself:

LSS-Top-Inserts(800px)

LSS-Bottom-Inserts(800px)

All the best,

1 Like

Hi @dialfonzo, those pictures are of the top and bottom of the same servo/bracket. I noticed the tight fit on the non-deformed side, but the side with the deformation doesn’t want to go further, and I’m afraid I’d be using 50+lbs of force to push it further (and I don’t want to break the servo). It seems like the deformation resulted in the gap between the 2 prongs being slightly smaller, so I would probably be abrading the raised center area of the servo top case by a half of a millimetre to get it to fit. If that is an expected amount of force, I can push that hard, but I’d like to know whether I should RMA this bracket, or if I should try to use it as-is, and then would be able to RMA the bracket and servo if they were to break while I was pushing them together?

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.

It seems like you already asked for a new bracket yesterday.
:slight_smile:

1 Like