LSS Arm and LSS FlowArm

Hello, I was wondering if the patterns that are produced with the LSS FlowArm software are usable by the LSS python libraries somehow?
Also, I heard that more accessories are coming for the LSS and am specifically wondering about the arrival of a wrist rotate upgrade for the LSS. Is there any word on when we can expect something like that?

Thanks in advance

Hi Edson,

Welcome to the community!

1. Hello, I was wondering if the patterns that are produced with the LSS FlowArm software are usable by the LSS python libraries somehow?

We do hope to have that as a feature in the near future, but currently it’s not a direct option. The issue is less about how to export than it is about a format which most customers will find useful. For the moment, you can download the newest FlowArm and see what commands are being sent when, and simply add delays between them in order to create the equivalent of sequences in Python. The Data Log also provides a good insight into what commands are sent and when (timestamped).

1. Also, I heard that more accessories are coming for the LSS and am specifically wondering about the arrival of a wrist rotate upgrade for the LSS.

Correct - we’re always working on accessories and new robots. Coincidentally, the wrist rotate is in the works and mechanically the design is complete, but not yet compatible with FlowArm. If you like, the kit will be the sum total of the parts, and we can provide the parts list here.

1. Is there any word on when we can expect something like that?

With the holidays fast approaching, there might be a delay until roughly January. We also have a pretty important firmware update coming soon. If you’re ready to program it yourself, we can provide the parts list for the wrist rotate upgrade, and control should be straightforward.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding with the helpful info.
I would greatly appreciate the parts list for the LSS compatible wrist rotate accessory.

We’ll get back to you with a proposed list shortly.

You’ll actually be the first external (non-beta tester) customer to try this since it’s not yet official. You’ll need:

1x RB-Lyn-990 (HT1)

This replaces the ST1 servo in the elbow. The ST1 is then used as the wrist rotate servo.

2x RB-Lyn-1008 (Tubing connector)

The connection between the shoulder and the elbow is reinforced using two of these and a tubing connector.

1x RB-Lyn-1001 (50mm tube)

You really only need one of these, but they are sold as a pack of two.
The longer tubing connector between the elbow and the wrist is reused between the shoulder and elbow.

1x RB-Lyn-994 (200mm Y cable)

This is needed so the cables are not pinched / forced between two parts.

We’ve made the assembly guide public for you:
https://wiki.lynxmotion.com/info/wiki/lynxmotion/view/servo-erector-set-robots-kits/ses-v2-robots/ses-v2-arms/lss-5dof-arm/5dof-arm-quickstart/
This is not the “upgrade” guide however. You’ll need to disassemble the upper part of the arm.
LSS FlowArm doesn’t yet have the wrist rotate upgrade so you’ll need to control is separately.

We invite you to give us feedback.

1 Like

Hello, is the wrist rotate upgrade for the LSS still in beta (not released)? Has the status on any specific hardware/software support for it changed since November 2019?

@Edson The mechanical setup for the 5DoF (4DoF with wrist rotate upgrade) is fixed:

There won’t be a custom shell for the wrist at least at this time.

The software update (FlowArm LSS) is currently being finished and tested and is hopefully a few weeks out.