LSS Adapter Board Tx and Rx Pins

Hello, I am using the LSS Adapter Board with Arduino Mega, placed side-by-side (not stacked)

I looked in the wiki for this board and it doesn’t describe which pins are Tx and Rx to connect to Arduino in the hardware serial mode. It shows the Tx and Rx pins on the 6 cable connectors but not on the board itself.

Please help!

1 Like

Hi,

The LSS Adapter mode switch should be on the “Arduino” position. Then you can wire the LSS Adapter to the Arduino Mega as following:

• LSS Adapter Rx -> Arduino Mega Rx
  • LSS Adapter Tx -> Arduino Mega Tx
  • LSS Adapter GND -> Arduino Mega GND

You can use one of the 6 LSS Connectors on the LSS Adapter (they are all the same as shown here) and the LSS Adapter Tx and Rx pins are clearly indicated in the silkscreen of the board.
In this case, the LSS Adapter will act as a power distribution board and communication pass-through for the servos. As you can also directly connect the communication lines directly from the Arduino Mega to the LSS servos as follows:

• LSS Servo Tx -> Arduino Mega Rx
  • LSS Servo Rx -> Arduino Mega Tx
  • LSS Servo GND -> Arduino Mega GND

Here is the pinout of the LSS.

1 Like

Yes … the Tx-Rx pins for each of the servo cable connectors are marked.

However, I don’t see the Tx Rx marked on the risers that interface with the arduino.

Which of the marked pins in the attached image are Tx and Rx?

Is it pin 0 and 1 or pins 8 and 9?

The Arduino pins on the LSS Adapter corresponds to an Arduino UNO shield stacking pins, therefore:
pin 0 on LSS Adapter -> Digital pin 0 on Arduino (Rx Hardware serial)
pin 1 on LSS Adapter -> Digital pin 1 on Arduino (Tx Hardware serial)

So I just connect a Tx from Arduino Mega (It has 4 UARTS) to pin 0 on LSS Adapter and the matching Rx from Arduino Mega to pin 1 on the LSS Adapter with jumper wires?

As indicated in the previous reply:
Tx from Arduino Mega should be connected to pin1 on LSS Adapter (and not pin 0) and the matching Rx from Arduino Mega should be connected to pin 0 on the LSS Adapter. Also, the GND pin from the Arduino Mega should be connected to the GND pin on the LSS Adapter to have a common ground.

Out of curiosity, why you don’t stack the LSS Adapter on the Arduino Mega ?

Out of curiosity, why you don’t stack the LSS Adapter on the Arduino Mega ?

I have several DC motors, ordinary servos and encoders connected to the Mega. I am using a screw terminal board on top of the mega so wires don’t accidentally come loose.

Thank you. Your site has the most responsive staff and community and I appreciate this.

3 Likes