LR3 - Intermittent over torque fault + home position fault on every end cycle

Hey ! i have contacted support for this issue today but the Agent wasnt too responsive to my questions and suggested buying a new motor OR new base.

I would like your opinion on the subject !

Problem : Bought LR3 years ago. 3-4 years. Never had any real problems except the Pinch sensors i had to bypass and some Over torque fault here and there but nothing major.

Lately, out of the blue… every end of cycle finishes by a Home position fault ( red - yellow - blue light ) . It does the cycle normally and at the very end it stops . giving me a home position fault. Pressing reset on the robot does the trick but i have to do this every cycle manually or i restart the robot with the app. Also im having some over torque fault here and there that are even more annoying.

Obviously i checked the litter level and its not a weight of litter problem. Its giving me over torque fault even when the litter is empty !!

Quick note : I havent disassembled the LR3, havent touched anything. I read here that sometimes when disassembling the robot, the magnets could drop and be the problem for a dump-home position fault . Its not the case here !

I have tried every steps given and nothing works… So my thinking was… the hall effect sensor has to be replaced ( new wiring harness) and maybe a new motor for the intermittent over torque fault im having ?

Support agent told me to buy a new motor or new base. If i buy a new motor only, that would fix the over torque fault but not the home position fault ? correct me if im wrong ?

Did a deep clean yesterday hoping that would fix it but no !

Whats your thoughts on this ?

Thank you !!

Hello @skenyon ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

If you had an extended warranty, please provide us with your order number to check if it’s still valid or not.

Replacing the motor could be enough if the current motor was rotating too slowly triggering the home position fault along with the over-torque error.

However, if the motor was rotating at a normal speed, the wiring harness would need to be replaced as well.

One last part to check would be the power adapter, please make sure you are using the original one and plugging it directly into the wall.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

2 Likes

No warranty anymore unfortunately ! And yes its rotating at normal speed. Also using the original adapter + plugged directly in the wall

1 Like

Anyone else had this problem ?

1 Like

Hi @skenyon !

From my experience from this forum, your are correct. To solve the over-torque error, it is recommended to replace the motor.

Regarding the 3 blinking lights at the end of the cycle, if you didn’t disassembled the globe (magnets, as you mentioned) and using original power supply, first step would be to replace the wiring harness (which contains Hall sensors).

Feel free to ask anything else.

2 Likes

believe it or not but 2 days ago i decided to check one last time my litter robot and noticed the motor gear was a bit loose but not that much. Anyway i decided to tighten it up a little bit so it would not move anymore, also added more WD40 on the track… Like way more than last time .

and hmm… It did absolutely nothing at the beginning, i had the same problems. some over torque faults and home position faults at the end of every cycle. The night passed and now, everything is back to normal eh.

No clue why it didnt work right away but yeah… Now all good.

i was about to order the motor + wiring harness hahaha

Hello @skenyon ,

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad to hear that the robot started to work properly.

Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

1 Like