LR3 - Cat Sensor Sensitivity - New Sensor Fitted - YouTube Watched

Hey there,

I’ve had the LR3 since 2016 and I’ve since replaced the panel to the wireless one, I’ve replaced the ‘cat in the bonnet’ sensor twice (and I also clean them with a dremmel) and I’ve replaced the inner rubber. The last thing I replaced was the sensor that is in that bottom part with the spring.

Before I replaced it, I’d given it a full clean and checked everything else and still had my issues, didn’t even know it was a thing until I saw your video.

it was stopping mid turn, red flashing light, yellow flashing light, etc all those errors.

I replaced the part after ordering it and now I’m nearly back to the way it was, but I’m thinking it’s due to the 1mm suggestion in the video.

Now, when it cycles, it gets to about 45 degrees of the turn, stops, waits a little, goes, stops, about 3 times, then goes fully all the way to the end and then back and resets back to the blue light… If I’m aware of this, I can power it off for 10 seconds, and it will reset and go all the way around and back and back to blue, but even then, this problem is intermittent.

I’ve checked the cat littler level (on the line) its the light clumping litter, I’ve calibrated the sensor by putting my hand where the cat little box is, and pressing stuff (I followed some other video)

I’ve done a few things, I just think it’s to do with the 1mm thing… what exactly should be 1mm? is it the distance from the nut to the unit if you push down on the spring, or something else, or is this issue again, another part.

All the company could do was suggest I buy a new base, but that was like 250+ with a loyalty discount.

I’m happy to take it apart and replace as needed, but I need to know what to check and/or look for, apart from the electronics (again, which could be replaced) it’s very easy to swap out parts.

Oh, and while this has nothing to do with you, I’ve noticed their new app, increases the cat little level full value, every turn, whether it’s dropping littler or not (due to my test turns)

Any tips or help would be appreciated and I’m able to provide any additional info that is needed, or tests I can do to give results, etc. Due to the wife’s bad back, this unit is ideal, but due to financial reasons, we can’t afford a new one just yet.

Thanks for your time.
Regards
Paul.

Hello @peejaygee ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

This issue seems to be related to the contact pins.

We will need to see the 3 pairs of contact pins shown in the following videos:
Anti-Pinch Pins:

Bonnet’s Pin:

Base’s Pin:

No need to take them out of the robot, we only need to see them from the outside.

As for the issue with the readings from the app, please make sure that the app is up-to-date in case there was a bug in the previous version.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me so quick, I have a few busy days in front of me, but I’ll look at the videos on Sunday and get some photo’s to upload here so you can see.

I did check the App, and it’s dated at Jan 30th, with no Update button on Google Play, so I’m guessing it’s the latest version.

Regards
Paul.

Hey There,

Please see attached the 3 pictures (I think) you asked me for, to me they look normal, as I do give them a clean now and again and if there appears to be dark spots, I’ll use my dremel to remove, so they are generally ‘shiny’ and making contact.

Regards
Paul

Hello @peejaygee ,

Thank you for your reply.

According to the pictures, we recommend replacing the pins.

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hey There,

You recommend all three sets?

Regards
Paul.

Hello @peejaygee ,

Yes, we recommend replacing the 3 sets of pins.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Evening,

So, all three sets of pins have been changes, and it’s still doing the same thing.

So what else needs to be replaced?

Over time (including the recent purchase) I’ve replaced the

Litter-Robot 3 Open Air Cat Sensor
Litter-Robot 3 Open Air Bonnet - Terminal Pins
Litter-Robot 3 Base Contact Pins
Litter-Robot 3 Open Air Anti-Pinch Pins (2pk) * 2
Litter-Robot 3 Globe Liner Replacement Kit
Litter-Robot 3 LR 3 DFI Kit * 2
Litter-Robot 3 Connect Upgrade Kit

Any suggestions what I can do now?

Thanks and Regards
Paul.

1 Like

Hello @peejaygee ,

We are sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with pictures like the following so we can verify the installation of the parts:

Base Contact Pins

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me, why does ‘real life’ get in the way when you don’t want it.

I should be able to get these photo’s done on Sunday, although recently it’s NOT being doing the intermittent thing, so I’m confused.

Hello @peejaygee ,

It’s possible that the bonnet wasn’t installed properly or one of the wires weren’t fully inserted into the pins.

If the issue has disappeared now, you can keep an eye on the robot and contact us again whenever needed.

Sincerely,

1 Like