Lora gps/shield and LG01 poor distance

Hi,

I am now starting a project with a LoRa gps/shield and a LG01 from Dragino and I get to have a maximum of 100 meters when in specs it says 2km in urban environnement. Does anyone had this issue or have any idea how I could solve this problem?

Kind Regards,

Hey @MR_Max,

Welcome to the RobotShop community!

Could you more details of the shield you are using? Possibly a link to the product page, too?

As you may already know, wireless communication is not exactly straightforward. The possible distance will depend on many variables, including but not limited to: transmitter power, receiver sensitivity, filtering, noise/interference (both constructive and destructive), distance between end points, height, signal path, line of sight, antennas used, etc.

In some cases people also use too much power and cause the receive to be unable to receive signals properly, causing a sharp drop in maximum range (probably not your case, though).

Please provide mode details about your situation and we’ll see how we can assist. Do note that LoRa uses licence free frequencies that can be (and most likely are) used by other people in your area, which can greatly affect your transmissions, especially if someone else misuses that frequency at the same time (faulty equipment, etc.).

Sincerely,