Looking for ideas on mini dc motor with low RPM and high torque

Hi all, l

Looking to find a mini dc motor with low rpm and high torque. Must be no more than 2" wide and 4" long. Must be less than 12v and have reversable operation I see some motors on here but the torque is very low even though it is claimed as “high torque”. I cannot denote its use as it is part of an invention I am prototyping but can explain its intenteded operation somewhat.

It will likely need to be a straight design meaning the shaft is in line with motor, not perpendicular as all the worm type motors seem to be. Using a worm motor may cause final product to be too wide.

Will be attaching a shaft to it that will be spiral like (i.e. cork screw) so that when motor is actuated, shaft turns and grabs a part, once grabbed, the spiral shape will pull it upwards towards motor about 1.5".

Ty for any assistance :slight_smile:

1 Like

@DaveyProto Welcome to the RobotShop Community. Sounds like you need a DC planetary gear motor:

The higher the gear ratio, the lower the speed and higher the torque.

Note that planetary gearing can also be connected to other types of motors like stepper, BLDS etc. The choice of motor is up to you, and you’ll need an idea of the torque and RPM.

1 Like

Thank you for the info. Will look at this tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like