Lobot Servo Controller (how to serial communicate it with raspberry pi)

HI, everybody i am building hexapod and i am using raspberry pi as the main board and lobot 24-channel servo controller, i want to serially communicate my raspberry pi with the the servo controller i dont know how to get this done .
This link provides the board information
https://www.lewansoul.com/product/detail-13.html
This link provides the board communication protocol file named as LSC series communication routines
https://www.lewansoul.com/download/list/54?page=1

Hello @sv and welcome to the RobotShop community!

I haven’t worked with the Lobot Servo Controller but I think the following tutorials can help you with the serial communication on the Raspberry Pi’s side:

On the servo controller’s side, I can’t help much, the user manual says “Please read the secondary development documentation for a full understanding on how to use the servo control secondary development instruction” but I couldn’t find that. What I suggest is checking out the C++ file on the LSC series communication routines file as well as checking the Arduino examples available in that same file.

1 Like

I have recently picked up the same kit. I’ve been looking at the Phoenix code that kurte has ported to arduino and raspberry pi. I couldn’t really get their software to work well for me other than direct PC connection. But as you can see it uses a different communication protocol compared to the phoenix code and that’s where I am currently stuck. I’m unsure how to code a data change to make the format compatible with the LSC controllers. They did provide a sample Ardunio sketch that shows how they structure the data but I have no idea how to further adapt that into the Phoenix code which already is very feature rich. I’m considering just switching to a SSC-32 just to save the hassle but I’d rather keep this board as the STM32 is potentially more powerful although since most of the heavy lifting is going on with the Arduino or the Raspberry Pi it doesn’t really matter. Maybe somebody more familiar with the phoenix code can help us :slight_smile:

Did you take a look at the supplementary documentation linked to at the bottom of the PDF? There’s a dropbox folder with a bunch of files here I’m just reading into this, and if you have any updates on getting the Raspberry Pi to talk to the Lobot controller, they would be much appreciated. I’ll do the same.

Chris