LMR Robot Building Workshop at Maker Faire NYC!

Ta Daa!

Thanks to the kind sponsorship of our friends at 

PICAXE_logo.png

we will be able to offer a robot building workshop at Maker Faire in New York this year!

PICAXE_AXE023.jpg

Details will follow, but Picaxe will supply the PICAXE-08 Motor Driver Board, along with some funding.

Lets Make Robots will supply materials for the chassis (more news coming soon!) along with our robot building know-how to teach 100 lucky people how to build a simple programmable robot. No cost to the participants.

(click for specs)

Check the LMR Maker Faire NYC page for the latest news.

Dude nice work. :slight_smile:

Dude nice work. :slight_smile:

I’ll get you for this. (and your little dog too)

I had almost talked myself out of learning the pic-08 on top of all the other things i don’t have time for.

Well i just ordered one of the driver boards and some extra chips so i can learn these things.  BTW a asked Robot shop if they

wanted to donate some coupons to contact you or myself so if they drop you a line that’s what its about.

The Picaxe 08 looks like fun.

You rock, dude!For the

You rock, dude!

For the workshop, I was planning on pre-programming the chips and focusing on the physical build. However, maybe we’ll spend some time explaining the programming too, so people know how to modify their bots at home.

Is this Safe?

I have to admit some concern over your plan to program PICAXE microcontrollers at the Maker Faire, especially in a big city like New York.  I mean is the general public ready to face the awesome powers of the PICAXE chip?  Are we certain we know all the …mysterious secrets… the secretive PICAXE organization has programmed into these little processors?

I can see the headlines now, convention center destroyed, cars burning in the streets, robots running amok!  The governor might have to call out the National Guard, you really need to think this through.  There could be Senate hearings, grand juries, the FBI could become involved.

It could lead to total CHAOS …or… just a lot of little robots running around the table top.

It’s sure its bound to turn out one way or the other my friend …think carefully … think very carefully…

(LOL),

Hal (kingart3)

LOL. I think we will risk it.

LOL. I think we will risk it.

To paraphrase Dr. Horrible

It will be Chaos that we control. Bwa Ha Ha haaaaa.

Got my pic-axe order

Robot shop threw in 6 branded screwdrivers and 10 pens.  All welcome loot to give away.  And maybe this time we wont run out of pens.

Pens! That’s a good idea!

Pens! That’s a good idea! How about pens inscribed with Let’s Make Robots? How much will they cost? Can we afford to make a hundred to give away? I’ll chip in…

A quick search on Google and

A quick search on Google and here is an example: 500 inscribed pens with one color plus shipping costs $84.99 ($0.15 each): http://www.discountmugs.com/nc/promotional-pens/994/value-stick-pen.htm

Total World Domination

It is clear you have seen right through Andrew’s nefarious plan!  This is not some mere robot workshop but a clear grab for TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION!

I should have suspected as much from the start.   Gengis Khan, Napoleon, Hitler!   What do they all have in common?  They all came from New Jersey.  At least I think they did right???

Unfortunately, it will be impossible to stop him now.  His plans are too far advanced.  The innocent and unsuspecting are doomed.  All we can hope for is minor positions in his New Robot World Order!

I want to be in charge of replacing red LEDs… :>)

Two things

Don’t forget the $9.99 shipping 

and

I played with one of the logo images after I saw they would allow for two color images.

LMR_pen_logo.jpg

Yes, the shipping is

Yes, the shipping is included in the $85 price:

• $0.15 eaX 500 qty$75.00
  • Setup$0.00
  • Additional Imprint$0.00
  • Shipping$9.99

Nice job with the logo!

IG, can you let us know where to chip in with money to get this done? I can shed out $15-20 without a problem, but I want 10 pens for my own use (to promote LMR of course).