Little Robot Open Air Globe comes off track

Pretty much since we bought it, our Litter Robot 3 Open Air comes slightly out of the front left (when facing the robot) sensor track. It doesn’t happen every time it cycles, but almost. When this happens, the sensor stops working, and we have to cycle it manually. We have three cats, so when we are away all day, things can get pretty icky when cycling isn’t happening.

I’ve taken the globe off and reseated it several times. I’ve also vacuumed out all the litter that’s anywhere near that track. When I watch it cycle, it seems like the globe wobbles slightly rather than smoothly going around one axis. When it wobbles, it jars the plastic tab out of the sensor.

Is our globe defective? (It was a refurb.) Is there some way I can make all four tabs stay in their proper slots?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

This video should help you to fix the bonnet right in place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUuSGSgn1A
Let me know if this help.

That video is unavailable.

Anyway, the bonnet is definitely in the right place. It cycles, and occasionally it will even cycle a couple of times before knocking the clips out of place. But as I noted, it wobbles a bit, and when that happens, it knocks the plastic clip (especially that front left one) out of place. If all four clips are not in place activating the sensors, the blue flashing light comes on, and it won’t cycle.

This helped me out. Thank you! I had the same symptoms and learned that I wasn’t using the back tabs on the bonnet. I was just pushing down. I had to slide the back tabs in first and then rotate the bonnet forward to clip it securely. Now it stays put despite the wobble.

2 Likes