Little Back PI wagon reborn!

Well after a few starts, stops and redo's on the chassis, I have a new iteration of my Pi wagon. I have skipped publishing anything about the last two of three :)

This time I have an Actobotics channel base and a ABS (I think) enclosure for the electronics. I have changed the motors and wheels as well and have ones closer to the size of a Wild Thumper, smaller though I'm sure.

The motors are 116rpm and are of very good quality. I plan on using this motor driver and in testing so far seems ok.  If it does not work out, I may use a T'Rex or Roboclaw (I have a 5amp Roboclaw already)

I plan to have an RC option, but will not have it as a direct one, just as a mode.  I think I am going to just buy ann RC TX/RX pair for it and link the reciver to an micro controller then that to the PI. I have a bluetooth crontroller I have put together, but would rather have a real RC style controller for this bot.

Chassis info so far:

• 2x 9" Actobotics channel 
  • 2x 3.75" Actobotics channel 
  • 4x 90deg Quad mount C 
  • 2x 90deg side angle brackets (to hold the enclosure)
  • 200x120x75mm enclosure

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

Will be used for outdoor

Will be used for outdoor fun?

With the packet “motion” you can stream a webcam attached to the pi for some first person driving.

It will be strictly for outdoor use!

In my motor and driver test, It tried to climb the wall a few times to my wifes chagrin :slight_smile:

I do want to do some sort of POV, but am unsure what I will do or use yet.  The problem with rovers is the line of sight drops off faster than a flying machine.

great work you have done
great work you have done here, seems solid by outlook… looking forward to see the potential.