Little 8

motors with wheels

Hi

Does anyone have a link for a UK site where I can get motors & wheels to work with the rest of the required items for this project?

I really wanna get into building robots like this!

Thanks

Mike

hey just making sure i buy
hey just making sure i buy the right thing. do i buy the board with inc. VAT ? just not sure what that is, thanks:)

VAT is the tax you pay for
VAT is the tax you pay for your product. So inc. VAT means that the tax is already included in the price.

oh wow I feel dumb
. . . hehe thanks man. I feel a little slow:)

Like Mike said
I live in the UK and am relucatant to ship in those exact motors and wheels from the american website. Can you get the same motors (or similar ones in tems of size and power) from a UK source? :slight_smile:

http://letsmakerobots.com/nod
https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/371

Construction

A couple of things I took from just looking at this today:

- I like the way you attached the wheels to a small piece of wood with glue and zip ties. I’ve been using just double sided tape myself, which is ok, but not particularly strong. I think the zip ties would help here.

- The 9V battery… For some reason, even though I’ve got a 9V kicking around in my box of bits, it never occured to me to use it. I just used my 3xAA battery pack instead and was feeling it was way too heavy for this. That’ll be my first change to my bot, I feel :slight_smile:

- Finally, the voltage regulator. I have 2 but haven’t used them yet. I’ll have to try them out now!

Cheers,

Graham

regulator

can u use the 5 volt regulator from sparkfun? and doesthe switch connect when pushed in?

How should I know if you can

How should I know if you can use the 5 volt regulator from sparkfun? It sure sounds like it, but do you expect me to go search for it? Please provide a link or some better info if you want a better answer.

The switches can work either way - it can also be programmed either way.

motor

how do you motofie the motor so the wheel will work?

You have got to cut off the
You have got to cut off the little plastic thing. Look at the solarbotcs page on how.

**picaxe **

The picaxe didn’t come with instructions so can you tell me the connections or upload them to your site? thanks

This is how to:First find

This is how to:

First find the product in the picaxe store. (They have crappy links)

Then click the Click here for datasheet.

thanks
thanks

i was wondering, the code on

i was wondering, the code on this page is to make the robot advance and if he hits something it backs up and turns to a side depending on witch site it hits first right ???

The code on this page makes

The code on this page makes not much sense. Nor does it to try to program a robot with such a tiny brain!

There simply is not enough room for any programming that would make sense, so this is the second best; Some random stuff that makes it go around & push stuff, not very orderly :slight_smile:

It is what is used on the video.

hi
i am new to this site.i wanted to know where could i get axe 023and programming editor in india.please reply soon.

Hi, and welcome.Do you think

Hi, and welcome.

Do you think anybody who is going to answer will read your post and then answer later? No? I do not think so. I think that when somebody that is going to answer has read your question, I think they are answering right away, and not after some time.

Why am I writing this? Well… You write "Please reply soon". Can you see the logic I am trying to show you?

Anyway, for an answer, you can just do a serach on the site, I have done it for you, and see what I found: https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/213

please more instructions on the pic
hi , i am a very beginner one , and i haven’t used to make robots with that microcontroller things , so if you please provide more instructions on how to use the microcontroller thing , i mean how to connect wires and stuff like tha , i don’t want end burning the chip :smiley:

it’s not that hard

you can only ask anyone in communication dep. at any engineering faculty in india , they use these things quiet often , so there’s shops for them to buy that stuff