Little 8 copy

This will be my first robot with a board. But I have made a RC boat made out of Styrofoam using parts from RC Helicopter.

June 21, 2009 - ordered parts

Brought motors and wheels from: Pololu.com

Brought the Pix 8 motor board, switches, serial cable,7805 Fixed Voltage Regulator at: www.techsupplies.co.uk

Brought the 9 volt connector at radio shack.

Now the wait is on.

June 24,2009- GM10 GM10 81:1 Geared Pager Motors with wheels arrived.

I had to cut off the platic column on the motor to install the wheels. Then I used super glue to mount the motors to the wood. Dimension of phatform is 3 inches long x 1.5 inches wide.

June 26, 2009

All other parts arrived.

Here, you can see the that i mounted my 5v regulator on the bottom of my robot. (Made phatforms to big)

Hopefully you can see my wiring for the switches.

Since my back phatform was to large to copy the original Little 8, I just my mounted the Picaxe 8 board on the back and used the front as the battey holder. The front phatform dimenions are (3.5 inches long x 1 inch wide)

July 6, 2009

After adjusting the code fritsl posted, I finally got it to work. Now I going to rewrite the code, so when the left switch is activated it will turn left and same for the right but turn right.

• Actuators / output devices: 2 GM10 81:1 Geared Pager Motors
  • CPU: picaxe 8
  • Power source: Standard 9 Volt Battery, 5 volt regulator
  • Sensors / input devices: bumper sensors
  • Target environment: indoors

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/little-8-copy

Wow, I am very impressed!!

Wow, I am very impressed!! :smiley:

However, I suggest that you change the position of the board and battery. That way you can make it drive on 2 wheels only, which looks cool :slight_smile: If you take a closer look at my videos (Little 8R), you will see that it is actually lifting it’s nose from the ground when it starts driving forward.

This is shown with the red “tale-bumper”, on https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/87

The programming is the downside of this project, as there is just SO little space in the memory. But still this can be fun, and you have made a very good start here :slight_smile:

programming problem

So is there something wrong with my wiring or is ur code not working for my robot. When I entered your code from ur site the switches will not activate.

But if I remove the return command after the w4 = 32212 line. The switches will activate but my robot will go in a complete circle backwards.

Dont mind my code!Try to

Dont mind my code!

Try to write one line that makes one wheel drive.

Then write one line that makes one wheel stop driving if one switch is on… Then…

(You can be pretty sure that anyone elses code never works on your robot, and trust me; the fun is in the creation of the code yourself!)

Hey, just saw the video, I

Hey, just saw the video, I am still impressed, you did an amazing job IMHO :slight_smile:

I have seen many attempts that was ot as good as this one. I hope you learned a lot and had fun!