Littere Robot iii runs intermittently, then "Cannot find Dump Position"d

When the litter robot runs intermittently. It starts and stops several times through its cycle. But it will complete the cycle.

Once it returns to the home position, it runs the light sequence from blue to red indicating that it cannot find the dump position. But will change to ready once the reset button is pressed.

It does not stop if my cat enters it mid-cycle. (But I don’t know if it is supposed to.)

• We have cleaned every contact,
  • made sure the 2 magnet locations are still attracting a butter knife. (strongly)
  • We’ve made sure the light sensor on the button panel is clean and the blue light turns off when we shine a light into it.
  • The unit is plugged directly into the wall socket.
  • It is on a level, sturdy surface, in a dry warm place.

Hello @catsassend ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

We will also need to see a picture of the power adapter to verify if it’s the original one or not.

lastly, we will need to see pictures like the ones attached below:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

2 Likes

Hi Ebram,
My invoice number is 11005014.
Shipping has changed (see invoice number 11110298 for correct shipping address)

Here are the photos that you have requested. Since it is taking a very long time to uplaod - I have created a link to Google photos - https://photos.app.goo.gl/dMZK3cksQQVf4dY2A

Hello @catsassend ,

Thank you for your reply.

According to the invoice number, the robot is no longer under warranty.

As for the pictures, we have noticed that the hall-effect sensor isn’t installed correctly and that’s likely to be the reason for the issue you are having.

Please follow this video to help adjust the sensor:

Let us know if the issue persists.

Sincerely,

2 Likes

Well, now it turns the wrong direction. (I wish there were words on the video, to say what coloured wires have to go where, because I had both the yellow and orange wire on the inside before this.)

It is still running intermittently. (starts and stops, starts, stops)

tn_Robot 1
tn_robot 2

I installed the wires back into the correct position - reverse of the two pictures that I just sent.
It is again running in the correct direction, rather than emptying the litter,
but now all three lights flash when it finishes a cycle (cannot find dump or home position)
I added an 11 second video showing how it starts and stops.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dMZK3cksQQVf4dY2A

Hello @catsassend ,

According to the pictures, the sensors are still not installed correctly.

The sensor with the orange wire should be on the right side and the one with the yellow wire on the left side as shown in the adjustment video that we sent earlier.

Please adjust the sensors accordingly then try again.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

I installed the wires back into the correct position - reverse of the two pictures that I just sent.
It is again running in the correct direction, rather than emptying the litter,
but now all three lights flash when it finishes a cycle (cannot find dump or home position)
I added an 11 second video showing how it starts and stops.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dMZK3cksQQVf4dY2A

Hello @catsassend ,

We have received the same reply as before so please follow the instructions we sent to help fix the issue you are currently having.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

I have installed the orange wire on the right, and the yellow wire on the left side, as shown in the video. The robot is now flashing all three lights at the same time. I can push the reset button, and it will run in the right direction, and return to the correct position, but once it completes it’s cycle, it flashes all three lights again. Plus when it does run through the cycle, it starts and stops, starts and stops.

Hello @catsassend ,

Please provide us with a picture like the one attached below to check the sensor’s current installation and position:

We will also need to see the 3 pairs of contact pins shown in the following video:

No need to take them out of the robot, we only need to see them from the outside.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Here is the link to everything you could possibly need.

Hello @catsassend ,

Thank you for your patience.

Acording to the pictures and videos we have noticed that the circuit board is overheated as you can see below:

In this case, the circuit board and the 3 sets of pins will need to be replaced.

Since your robot is no longer under warranty, you can order these parts from the following links:

The following videos will show you how to replace them:

How To Replace Circuit board: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axe9soTNzHU
LR3/LR3CI - Replacement 3 Set of pins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cM3122JRZQ&t=8s

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like

The 3 year warranty should not be up until the end of October this year.
Invoice_11005014-2.pdf (237.6 KB)

Hello @catsassend ,

According to the invoice, the robot was purchased without an extended warranty which means that it had a manufacturer’s warranty and the manufacturer’s warranty is 18 months so it’s currently out of warranty.

If you have purchased the extended warranty later on, please confirm and we’ll try to locate it for you.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like