Litter robot's light was off this morning and robot won't turn on anymore. No lights are on

This morning blue light was not on anymore. I unplugged and plugged robot back but nothing happened. I tested outlet it’s working. Please advice. I recently replaced sensor and a motor . Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for contacting RobotShop.

If you have no lights on the control panel while the Litter-Robot is plugged in, it could be a few issues:

• The power supply might be defective: if possible please verify it with a voltmeter.
  • If you leave the unit plugged in, is the control panel hot at touch?
  • It could also be the circuit board that is defective.

Please inform us once you have done these simple tests.

Do not hesitate if you have any other questions.

1 Like

Hello,
I didn’t find the voltmeter but control panel is getting hot. I wish I would be saving for a new litter robot. I spent over $200 now and still have issues with it (. Please let me know what should I do with it.
Thank you

1 Like

Hello @bakerina78

Thank you for your reply.

This looks like a defective DFI sensor, and it should be replaced.

Is your robot still in warranty?

You can give us your order ID so we can check that.

Hello
Thank you
Not on warranty any more
Could you please send me a link what do I need to buy
Thanks

1 Like

Hello @bakerina78

Here is the link where you can buy new DFI sensor: Litter-Robot 3 Open Air DFI Hardware - RobotShop

This video will help you replace it: Litter-Robot 3 DFI Kit + Pinch Detect Terminals Installation - YouTube

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Oh I just bought it recently and replaced. Should I email to you my order number or my litter robot number?

1 Like

You can give us your order ID so we can check it. Thank you.

1126241 This is order number

Ok, good.

Can we please also ask you for a simple test so we can be sure that DFI sensor is defective?

If possible, open up the base and disconnect the DFI sensor from the main circuit board.

Then, try to power up the robot. It should blink blue on a control panel.

1 Like

Hello,
I did as you advised and blue light is blinking. Thanks

1 Like

Ok, this means that DFI is defective. We will transfer this to our internal support so we can do exchange. You will receive an email in a few minutes. Thank you.

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.