Litter robot - yellow light is on, no repsonse to any buttons

I bought my litter robot in August 2020 - Ordner #1014078
last night I found the litter robot stuck in mid cycle. I tried to reset, but nothing happened. The yellow light was flashing wildly. Upon pressing reset, the yellow light stays on. I get no more response. I unplugged it, disassembled the unit to check for dirt and contacts. Everything seems to be in ordern. When I turn on the litter robot, the yellow light is immediately on and there is no response to the buttons.

Hello @Mann ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Does the yellow light keep blinking quickly when you press the “Reset” button or it turns into a solid yellow light?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thank for taking the time.
Initially it was blinking, but upon pressing reset, the yellow light turned solid and that has not changed, even after powering down. The unit does not respond to any buttons.

Hello @Mann ,

Thank you for your reply.

This issue is related to the DFI sensor and the contact pins.

Please try to clean the 2 green circuit boards and the 2 plastic brackets of the DFI sensor using isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip to remove any rust or dust from them.

Here’s a video to help you locate these parts:

We will also need to see the 3 pairs of contact pins shown in the following videos:
Anti-Pinch Pins:

Bonnet’s Pin:

Base’s Pin:

No need to take them out of the robot, we only need to see them from the outside.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

I have cleaned the sensor, even replaced the pinch-sensors. Also cleaned the DFI -Sensor boards. As soon as I plug in power, very quickly the lights light up in sequence and then the yellow light comes on again and stays on. Even switching off is not possible, only pulling the power plug helps.

I have another update…I disconnected the DFI sensors and got a blue light blinking. After cleaning and reconnecting I bridged the pinch sensor. Now I got a blue light blinking and when I push the reset button, the yellow light flashes rapidly. Then I can only pull the power plug.

Hello @Mann ,

In this case, the DFI sensor will need to be replaced.

We will also need to see the 3 sets of pins to confirm if they need to be replaced as well or not.

We are attaching pictures of these pins so please send us pictures like them:
Anti-Pinch pins

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Thank you for your patience. I have uploaded picture of the base pins and teh bonnet pins. I already have a new set of anti-pinch pins, so I will change them anyways.

Hello @Mann ,

According to the pictures, the base and bonnet contact pins will also need to be replaced so you can order them along with the new DFI sensor.

Please confirm if you wish to order these parts so we can help you place your order.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Confirming the order

Hello @Mann ,

Very well, we will forward you now to our replacement department to help you place your order.

You will be contacted shortly via email with further instructions.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,