Litter robot won't work when lights turn off...?

I have litter robot 3, open air. When the lights in my house get turned off and the blue light sensor inside the dome goes on, the middle yellow light starts instantly flashing and it won’t work all night until I manually cycle in the morning by either pressing cycle (sometimes works) or by turning the power off and on.
This is different than the 8-hour sleep mode, which is not turned on (and which both the blue and yellow lights would be solidly on when activated).
Any ideas? It’s been going on for months and is driving me crazy. Lately my cat has been pooping on the floor because it’s not clean enough for him due to it not cycling in the dark. :unamused:

Hello @Swearahs,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please test if the night light is interrupting your cycle. Cover the light sensor which is located under the power button. If the night light turns on and the cycle is interrupted, then your bonnet needs to be replaced.

It is possible that the night-light is not even working, in this case, please remove the power from the robot and unclip the bonnet. Inside the bonnet you will see 2 wires connected to a small circuit. Make sure the wires are well connected to the circuit.

If that is working fine, then the problem is probably with the connection between the base and the bonnet. Have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUuSGSgn1A&t

Also, there are two connection metal pins between base and bonnet. Some customers use WD-40 to clean them to make better contact.

Please tell us how this goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thank you so much! I had no clue about the black thing on the back that I had to return to the down position when I would manually rotate the globe. That was the issue and it’s now rectified.

1 Like

Hello @Swearahs,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the black key at the back has a spring that must carefully returned to the original position to keep the globe rotating properly.

Let us know if you had any further questions.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,