Litter robot showing bonnet removed even when it is attached

Litter robot 3 showing as bonnet removed even when attached. I tried bending the pins slightly as in the trouble shooting but it is not helping.

Can you help please?
Is there a number to call for tech support?

Kind regards
Nithin

1 Like

Hi @AJnithin

Please test if the night light is interrupting your cycle. Cover the light sensor which is located under the power button. If the night light turns on and the cycle is interrupted, then your bonnet needs to be replaced.

It is possible that the night-light is not even working, in this case, please remove the power from the robot and unclip the bonnet. Inside the bonnet you will see 2 wires connected to a small circuit. Make sure the wires are well connected to the circuit.

If that is working fine, then the problem is probably with the connection between the base and the bonnet. Have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUuSGSgn1A&t

Also, there are two connection metal pins between base and bonnet. Some customers use WD-40 to clean them to make better contact.

Please tell us how this goes.

Hi, so the litter robot stopped midway while cycling and I got the message bonnet is removed. So I switched off and cleaned the pins and made sure it is in contact and restarted again.

so when I restart after reattaching the timing keeps on blinking slowly. After sometime I get a message on the pet connect app saying the bonnet is removed.

I didn’t understand about the night light, when I cover the small sensor nothing seems to be happening.

Kind regards,
Nithin

1 Like

Hi @AJnithin

Thank you for your reply.

The Litter-Robot arrives with the Automatic Night Light function activated.

When the light sensor detects low light conditions, the Night Light turns on automatically.

Check the status of the Night Light function by covering the light sensor (located above the Cycle button on the Control Panel) to see if the Night Light comes on or not.

To turn the Night Light function off, press and hold the Power button for about 5 seconds. The Night Light will flash on, then off.

To turn the Night Light function on, press and hold the Power button for about 5 seconds. The Night Light will flash on and, depending on the ambient light, the Night
Light will either stay on (if low light) or turn off (if bright light).

Please test if this is working properly.

Hi, I tried to press the power button for 5 seconds, the light doesn’t seem to be working and is not turning off as you said.

Kind regards
Nithin

1 Like

I have also checked the wires that goes on to the bonnet. It appears to be connected okay

1 Like

Hi @AJnithin

It is possible that the night light inside the bonnet is defective and that is giving the problems.

Please give us your order ID and a serial number of the robot so we can check if it is still in warranty.

Thank you.

My litter robot details: SN: LR3CI207459
Model: LR3C-1200-CE
order number is 1500057082

Please see the details, I think it is still under warranty

1 Like

Do you think the error is because of the light issue?

1 Like

@AJnithin it is possible that the night light is causing these problems.

Can you take a photo of the front of the robot so connection between bonnet and the base can be seen?

Are the gaps between bonnet and the base too big?

If the contact between the bonnet and the base is not good, this could also explain the problem.

Thank you.

Hi, no there is no massive gap between the bonnet and the base.

1 Like

Can you make a photo so we can see it also?

I am out at the moment, I will respond in 2 hours with picture

Also is there a number for me to call?

1 Like

Sorry, but technicians from RobotShop do not offer phone support. Only via forum or email messages. Thank you.

Thats the two sides

1 Like

Ok, we will send you new bonnet. We will transfer this to our internal support so you can give us your shipping address. You will receive an email in a minute. Thank you.

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.