Litter Robot Open Air 3 - both blinking blue and yellow error light

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

I have owned my Litter Robot Open Air 3 for a few years and have recently started encountering problems. Firstly it started displaying fast yellow blinking light. I consulted on here and thought it may be a problem with the pinch detectors. I cleaned them and pushed them together and this seemed to solve the problem for a short while. However, the problem I’m having now is that the blue light flashes (even when the tray is empty) and when I press refresh the fast yellow light displays. I have tried cleaning the DFI hardware but this hasn’t resolved it.

I have come to terms that I will now need to buy parts. I was originally looking to replace the pinch detectors as mine are quite rusty. However, I’m wondering whether the problem is now something else given the blue flashing light?

Obviously there is a huge price difference in replacing the pinch detectors and replacing the hardware and I’d rather only spend what I need to. However, I’m also desperate to get my LR back working as soon as possible!

Many thanks

Hello @myyoxo,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

This issue indicates a defective DFI sensor and it needs to be replaced.

You can order it from this link:
https://www.robotshop.com/ca/en/litter-robot-3-open-air-dfi-hardware.html

This video will show you how to replace it:
- YouTube

We recommend replacing the Anti-Pinch pins as well to avoid having issues with them in the near future.

You can order them from this link:

This video will show you how to replace them:

Please note: the provided links are for the Canadian website, you can toggle to any other region depending on your location from the top right side of the page.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,