Litter-Robot III red light turns on for no reason

Hi there,

I am really about to give up on this Litter-Robot. It is both the best purchase I have ever made (when it works) and the absolute worst, since there’s constantly issues with it.

My LR3’s red button turns on by itself for now reason, as if my cat had gone in it (which he didn’t) and then starts cycling. It’s two times now that I change the sensor (bought through Robot Shop Canada) and it didn’t solve the issue.

I confirm I have done the following (as per previous posts):

• changed the cat sensor TWO TIMES (https://ca.robotshop.com/products/litter-robot-3-open-air-cat-sensor)
  • the litter is below the raised fill line
  • nothing seems to be wrong with the bonnet
  • unplugging it and plugging it in again
  • cleaning the unit
  • slightly opening the pin in the power jack
  • making sure that it is plugged directly into the wall using its original power adaptor
  • making sure that the unit is on level ground and not touching anything else
  • checking the motor gear to ensure that it is tight and not free-spinning, and
  • making sure that the globe is properly aligned in the groove on the base.

Also, I’d like to mention that I already replaced the DFI sensor some time ago, for the new version of the DFI (purchased through Robot Shop: https://ca.robotshop.com/products/litter-robot-3-open-air-dfi-hardware-v2). I have seen a previous forum mentionning to wipe clean the DFI card, although this new model has plastic protection on it so I can’t clean the card.

Please help.

Hello @andreannejal ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice to check the warranty status.

It seems that you have checked everything indeed so the next part we suspect to be causing the issue would be the main circuit board itself.

If the robot is under warranty, we can send you a new circuit board.

If it’s out of warranty, you can order a new one from this link:
(Normal version)

(Wi-Fi version)

This video will show you how to replace it:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt answer. Your website mentions “Robot Parts requiring assembly or soldering are also not refundable once assembled, soldered or modified in any way.” Can I return the circuit board if that doesn’t happen to be the issue?

Hello @andreannejal ,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you can return it.

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like